A Wish To Die For

《 (Y/N) sees Cumber shed a tear. And becomes more irritated.》

(Y/N): Who have you ever loved?

Cumber: [laughs] Au contraire, my brother. I know exactly what it's like to lose someone you love. You know, like, a father. Like a mother.

(Y/N): Be very careful with the next thing you say.

Cumber: Maybe even an adopted daughter. Isn't that right, Brother? Maybe, in a way, your right. Because how many people can die in your arms before you grow numb to death?

(Y/N): That's not very careful.

Cumber: And how many dead eyes can you look into before you die inside yourself?

(Y/N): I've been dead inside a long time, but even I have a limit. I swear to God, I will...

Cumber: You'll what, (Y/N)? Kill me? You won't kill me. I'm your brother. Besides, who's gonna give you a fair fight?

[chuckles]

Cumber: Anyway, you need me. You need me to help you undo this world you created by letting her die. Poor Bulla. How she suffered so!

[sighs]

Cumber: I often wonder, how many alternate timelines do you destroy the world because, frankly, you don't have the cojones to die yourself. Hmm? So, as usual, I'll be the bigger man.

[reveals the dragon balls]

Cumber: A truce, (Y/N). As long as you have these, a truce. I'll allow you to wish everyone back but all you have to do is fight me. If not, then I'm happy to discuss with you in any way you like, why you let your wife be sent to the shadow realm?

(Y/N): You know, it's funny that you would talk about the people who died in my arms, because when I held Ginge while she was dying, she begged me with her last breath that when I killed you, and make no mistake, I will fucking kill you, that I'd do it slow. I'm gonna honor that promise.

Cumber: [long pause] Oh. You're good. You almost had me.

《 Cumber hands the dragon balls over to (Y/N), but he notices something off about them. He brushes his thumb across one of the balls and the yellow comes off of it, like it was painted. 》

(Y/N): What is this?

Cumber: These are blue star dragon balls, much more stronger than yours, much more deadlier.

《 Suddenly, Bulma and Uub both drop to the ground as if having a seizure. The effects of the wine are now showing. Vegeta immediately runs to Bulma and (Y/N) holds Uub.》

Cumber: The rules of our game have been made very clear. Do you understand?  You only have this one wish but it will take what's left of your life, so choose wisely, your family or the world?

《 (Y/N) turns around and tells Tein and Vegeta to get Bulma and Uub to Android 21 at the hospital. Trunks stays to help (Y/N). Meanwhile, Foo simply watches from a distance taking note of everything that's happening. 》

Cumber: 2 against 1, that hardly seems fair but whatever I'll fight Trunks. I thought by eliminating half of life the other half would thrive. But you have shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist.

(Y/N): Great Shenron! I SUMMON YOU!!

《 The dragon balls start glowing and the sky gets darker as a giant dragon appears in the sky. 》

Shenron: MAKE YOUR WISH!

《 (Y/N) looks at Future Trunks, then he takes a look around him. 》

(Y/N): All the buildings destroyed, lives lost, minds and bodies ruined, how did we let it come to this?

Future Trunks: We did this, it's only right that we fix it.

(Y/N): Do you trust me?

Future Trunks: I do.

(Y/N): Then keep them safe. ALMIGHTY SHENRON, I WISH-

Future Trunks: THAT EVERYONE FROM THIS TIMELINE THAT WAS KILLED BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE.

(Y/N): Wait...TRUNKS! NOOOOO!

Shenron: WISH GRANTED!

《 Shenron disappears and Future Trunks' body drops to the ground. (Y/N) starts to get angry. 》

(Y/N): I AM A MEMBER OF ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL RACES IN THE UNIVERSE, AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS GONE. HAVE I NOT GIVEN ENOUGH!?

《 Lighting starts to spark around (Y/N), the clouds turn black and (Y/N)'s chest starts to burns until his entire body is black.  (Y/N) grabs Trunks' sword and lunches towards Cumber. He grabs Trunks' sword and lunches towards Cumber.》

Cumber: I'm thankful

Cumber: I'm thankful. Because if you lose this fight, I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then with this new power, i will create a new one teeming with life that knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe.

(Y/N): BORN OUT OF BLOOD!

Cumber: They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them.