Chapter One

"Do you prefer dark oak, or spruce wood?" XD asked me. So far, the two of us concluded that we must have had some sort of intimate, romantic relationship. It was really difficult to try and reconnect, so perhaps sharing a house could make us bond.

"Dark oak is nice," I suggested, but DreamXD snapped back at me, "No. Spruce is better."

I sighed, and replied, "Either one is fine with me though. Just... do whatever you want I guess," He gave me a little nod of approval, but I felt exhausted. This was starting to make me believe that we had nothing to do with each other, or were only good friends back in our old life. Perhaps it was time to quit while we were ahead?

"XD..." I said a bit nervously, "I don't think this is working out."

My partner froze, "What happened to taking things slow to see where they head? Don't you think a breakup this soon would be excessive?" I mean, that was pretty good reasoning.

"Our old lives are the past, people can change and feel differently. I think we need to accept that," I countered his argument.

A solemn look fell upon his face, "Should we take our feelings even slower then? Or maybe not at all?" He stared at the ground, then looked back up, "Just be friends and not think about what could be in our old lives?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking," I said, "Who knows, maybe this... place has influenced us already. We might not be compatible anymore, we have to move on. Make new lives, with different people. I get why Techno said we shouldn't split up, a special bond that we have of some sort, but shouldn't we explore our options first?"

"You certainly have a way with words Y/n, and you're right. Mind if I keep what I've started on the house, though?"

"I don't mind at all, it-" I laughed lightheartedly, "Wasn't my favorite style. I'll get Techno to help me with it I guess."

"See you around then!" He called after me as I walked away, but I didn't even look back, for, a new life with new opportunities would be right around the corner.

...Timeskip 1 hour

"Thanks for letting me stay!" I exclaimed happily to Techno. So far, the database hadn't treated me all that kindly, making me confused and questioning my existence in general. Finding old relationships and bonds with others was difficult, and drained my energy.

"Yeah of course!" My good friend said, "If you need help with anything regarding building your house, just ask me, I've become pretty good at it."

I had to admit, Technos house was amazing. It was made out of dark oak wood, which so happened to be my favorite. Lanterns decorated the perimiter, and he had quite a large plot of land. He chose to not be in the condensed area of the town, and to be free. A massive potato farm provided him food and income, as well as a dog breeding mill (Ethical, of course).

One of the puppies caught my attention. She had a beautiful cyan collar, and big brown eyes you simply couldn't ignore.

"What's her name?" I motioned towards the tamed wolf, "I'm thinking about buying one of your dogs. They're useful, and since things aren't really working between me and XD, I could use some company."

The hybrid smiled, (A picture of what Techno looks like in this book is in the thumbnail for this chapter btw) and gently picked up the puppy. He took a quick look at the collar and replied, "Her name is Lacey, but you may call her whatever you wish."

"Oh... I just meant in the future. I don't exactly have the money right now," But before I could say anything else, he simply put the puppy into my hands. My heart fluttered for a moment, and I almost wondered what the two of us had been back in the old world, or perhaps these feelings were new? Uncertainty had been plaguing me recently, but this? It was a whole new level of confusion.

"Thank you," I managed to say, "I should head off to sleep now," I felt my cheeks blush and quickly hurried off so that he wouldn't notice. Surely I wasn't falling for my good friend? I had to take things slower, I realized, but what if I didn't want to? What if I wanted to see what would happen between me and Technoblade? My head hurt at the thought of all this, and quickly fell asleep to avoid confronting my feelings; Lacey sleeping at my feet.

--------------------------------------

778 Words! That is actually really good! I hope you've all enjoyed this chapter, and I would REALLY appreciate it if you followed and voted, thank you so much! You guys have already gotten this book to 29 reads, which is crazy since I've only posted the prologue so far! I am actually updated TWICE today, so stay tuned for that in about an hour!