He Blasted Me With Science

Our world was once a safe and happy place, until evil aliens arrived with one plan; to destroy Earth. Gosei, Earth's ancient guardian, awoke and called on a new team of teenagers to fight off this new threat. They are the Power Rangers Megaforce.

It was a normal day at school as Mr. Burley started handing out his class's science pop quiz. While some were excited for them, others weren't as much.

"Dude," Jake said to Noah and Aaron. "I hate pop quizzes."

"You and me both, bro," Aaron said. "No matter how hard I study, I can't pass these things. I have test anxiety."

"Stop complaining. Both of you," Noah said. "Besides, you two know this stuff."

"No talking during the test," Mr. Burley said as he sat down at his desk. "Come up to see me if you have any questions." The students then began taking their tests as their teacher leaned back in his chair to solve the one thing Einstein couldn't; a Rubik's cube. However, Troy wasn't focused on his test. He remembered what happened that morning. He was out jogging when he heard snarling. Taking the hood off his old red hoodie, he turned and followed it into the woods. In not long, the Red Ranger came face-to-face the monster Emma showed the team when they first became Power Rangers. Creepox.

"Who are you?" he asked the giant insect. "What do you want?"

"My name is Creepox," the alien said. "Remember it."

"All right, Creepox, you still haven't told me what you're doing here."

"I've come to see what sort of creature dares challenge us mighty Insectoids. So very soft. With a single stroke, you'd be crushed."

"Humans are a lot tougher than we look," Troy countered. "But I won't fight you just to prove it."

"Oh, you'll fight me," Creepox promised. "Count on it!" He then turned and left. Troy then exited the memory as he found the time ticking on. As more time passed, Mr. Burley fell asleep with the cube in his hands. As he continued to snore, Gia put her pencil back in her book bag and was the first to turn in her test. She then left the room as Jake silently chuckled. Not a few seconds later, the bell rang, causing everyone to turn in their tests and wake Mr. Burley. The poor science teacher then fell backward from his chair.

"Mr. Burley!" Noah said in worry as he was about to leave. He then rushed over and helped his mentor back up. "You alright?"

"No, no," Mr. Burley said. "I'm just fine." He then got up to bid everyone a scientific weekend, only to find no one but Noah there. He then ran out and fiddled with his Rubik's cube as Gia stood at her locker. Pulling out her morpher, she started to wonder if she was really the best choice for Gosei's Yellow Ranger.

"Hey Gia," a voice said, causing her to jump. She then started to close the locker, to see a smiling Jake standing there. She then sighed in relief.

"It's only you," she said.

"I guess I've had worse reactions," Jake said.

"I don't want some random kid to see my morpher." Jake then nodded as he cut right to the chase.

"I just wanted to ask you if I could walk you home."

"What?" Gia asked. "Are you afraid to walk yourself?"

"No," Jake answered as he followed her. "Um, I just wanted to talk to you. You know, about this weekend." As Jake took his shot, Aaron walked through the halls and saw Emma at her locker.

"I must be out of my mind," he whispered to himself as he walked toward her. Just as he was about to speak, she closed her locker and turned to face him, causing both to jump.