Man and Machine

Our world was once a safe and happy place, until evil aliens arrived with one plan; to destroy Earth. Gosei, Earth's ancient guardian, awoke and called on a new team of teenagers to fight off this new threat. They are the Power Rangers Megaforce.

Over in a dark part of the woods, the blobby alien, Bigs, stood beside a pool and called on a new ally.

"Shadowserpent," he said, "hear me and appear. It is I, a fellow mutant, with a present for you." Emerging from the water was a giant shadow that resembled the Loch Ness monster.

"Who dares to disturb me?" Shadowserpent asked as he emerged. "Wait, what's this about a present?"

"It's the greatest gift of all," Bigs promised. "Us mutants have joined forces with aliens, and together, we will finally take over the world!"

"I must wait for sunshine," Shadowserpent said before ducking back under the water. "Then, I can steal people's shadows and all my victims will be frozen in place forever!"

(I have no idea of an actor for Aaron, but he says his name with his helmet between Noah and Emma, then it shows him riding his skateboard while punching Loogies. Whatever actor you can think of that matches Aaron's description, that's who plays him to you.)

Over at school, as the bell rang, Noah went down the stairs with a scarf in his hand. Walking over to a door, he gently knocked, until his teacher answered.

"Come in," Mr. Burley said. Noah then opened the door.

"Hey, Mr. Burley," Noah said, causing his teacher to turn and face him with his glasses on his forehead and a magnifying glass over his eye, momentarily startling poor Noah. "Uh, you left your scarf in the classroom again."

"Oh, Noah," the teacher said, "thanks. I'd lose my own head if it weren't attached, and even then, I might still lose it." He then laughed a weird laugh. Noah then chuckled lightly at the silliness of his teacher.

"Well, I gotta get going," he said, starting to leave.

"Okay, thanks again!" Noah then closed the door, leaving Mr. Burley wondering where he left his glasses. Pretty soon, they fell over his eyes, bringing the picture of the Loch Ness Monster into focus, scaring the poor teacher and sending him over his seat.

Over at the water, the shadow monster Shadowserpent then emerged from the water, taking his true form.

"At last the sun's out!" he said.

"Yes," Bigs agreed. "It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Just not for the humans." Shadowserpent cackled at the joke.

"You got that right!" the beast said. "I'll gobble up the humans' shadows, and then they'll be freeze-dried on the spot."

"Wonderful," Bigs said. "And be sure to fight Robo Knight to see if you can find his weakness. With luck, the Rangers will get in your way and you can gobble up their life-force too!" Meanwhile, in town, a construction worker had just gotten a hot dog from a kind hot dog vendor.

"Nothing better on a sunny day than a hot dog," the builder said to the meat seller.

"Except a second one," the vendor added, causing the worker to laugh.

"Yeah. And I want extra mustard on that one."

"Okay." As the vendor got out a second dog, Shadowserpent clung to the forest as he saw the sight in front of him.