Aviators x Reader

I imagine Aviators being the kind of person to cheer someone else with positive (yet flirty) remarks

3rd Person Pov

A 'good' day was exactly the opposite way to describe Y/N's day. Not only had they started a losing streak in turf war, they dropped down a rank.

"I should've listened to my instincts. Nothing good ever comes from playing Clam Blitz."

Y/N sulked to themselves as they sat down on a bench in Inkopolis Square, their weapons laid down besides them. They zoned out staring at the passerby inklings and octolings and let the usual Debbie-Downer thoughts fill their mind.

"What's the point, I haven't won a single game in the last few hours," they thought aloud, "Maybe I should just quit altogether."

"Woah there, those are some harsh words you're speaking."

Y/N's back jolted up as they snapped towards the speaker. It was their good friend, Aviators, well known as a sly little squid.

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just being dramatic," Y/N huffed.

"Well, even if it's exaggerated, I wouldn't be surprised if you really are thinking about quitting."

Aviators took a seat next to Y/N with a smirk on his face.

He chuckled "You know, if you ever wanna win a battle, you could take my place on Skull's team for a quick round."

Y/N smiled, "Thanks, but I don't think that's needed."

Aviators' face snuck closer to Y/N.

"You're right, with how talented and beautiful you are, you'd have no problem whooping some ass in turf war and ranked."

"You're right... wait, what!?"

Y/N stood up from the bench.

"Wasn't I just... wait, beautiful?!"

Aviators laughed at Y/N's confused expression.

"That doesn't even have to do with turf war and ranked!"

"Yeah," Aviators hummed, "But I just thought it'd be worth mentioning. Good looks can distract people during a fight."

Y/N crossed their arms, "Yeah, you'd know that very well."

Their eyes widened when they realized what they just said. Aviators must have been caught off guard, too, as his mouth was agape. Seems like he can dish it out but not take it.

Y/N covered their blushing face with their hands and quickly picked up their weapon.

"Y-You know-! I think I'm feeling better now! I'll just go back to playing turf. See you, uh, later!"

With that they sprinted off. Aviators placed his chin on the palm on his hand, thinking to himself about the events that just occured.

"So, they think I have good looks..."

And cue, flustered Aviators.