*Shy* Designer Headphones x *Sad* *Male* Reader

Requested by _bunnyhood

3rd Person POV

A small sniff could be heard as Y/N lost another battle of rainmaker. His teammates ended up losing the Rainmaker right before they were about to take the lead, too bad the charger user had bad aim and couldn't protect the Rainmaker. Y/N's heart sunk when his rank meter cracked, causing him to rank down.

Walking away from Deca Tower, Y/N took out a pair of earbuds(or Airpods) and started to listen to some music, which only hardly seemed to drown out the sorrow feeling.

Watching in the distance, Designer Headphones fiddled with his fingers nervously while Mask played Squid Beatz beside him. Designer quietly whimpered at the sight of a sad Y/N. He wanted to cheer him up, but he was afraid he would say something stupid and ruin everything.

"Lemme guess, it's Y/N," Mask asked, finishing a song and stepping off of the machine.

Designer hesitantly nodded. Mask knew Designer liked Y/N, since they're best friends and all, and Designer knew Mask wouldn't judge him. Mask sighed and shoved Designer in Y/N's direction.

"H-Huh?!" Designer jumped at the sudden push.

"Oh my gooood, just go talk to him alreadyyyy," Mask slurred with a noticeable annoyed tone in his speech.

Designer gulped. He knew he would never be able to be with Y/N if he never spoke up. Deciding to fight against his stress, he walked up to Y/N. 

At first Y/N didn't notice Designer Headphones. He was too busy daydreaming and listening to his music. Then, Designer tapped Y/N's shoulder, catching his attention.

"Hmm? Oh, hi, Designer," Y/N groggily spoke, pulling out a single earbud/airpod.

Designer started to sweat at the sight of Y/N staring back at him. He could feel his heart beat growing faster by the millisecond, but still grew the courage to speak a few more words.  

"U-Um well I noticed you were feeling kinda down, so I thought maybe we could go to my house and play some S-Smash-"

"Sure."

Designer was astonished by Y/N's quick response, but a smile crept onto his face nevertheless.

The walk to Designer's house was quiet but calm. Designer would sometimes glance at Y/N, checking to see if his expression changed at all, but no matter how many times he looked, Y/N still had the same cold dead face plastered on him. 

Arriving at his house, Designer unlocked the door and led Y/N to the living room where Designer would play on his Switch. Y/N and Designer both sat down on the comfy couch and Designer handed Y/N a controller. They both chose a character and started a round of Smash...

and it lasted less than a minute, with Y/N being declared the winner.

(git gud, Designer)

"Aww, I lost," Designer pouted, slouching his shoulders and groaning.

Y/N let out a small giggle, which he tried to hide, but failed to do so. The confused cyan squid tilted his head.

"Wh-What's so funny?" he asked, slightly nervous.

"Sorry. You're just kinda cute when you're angry like that," Y/N sheepishly replied.

Designer grew silent and a light cyan color spread across his face.

"Wh-Whatever let's just play some more-"

Designer was embarrassed at the remark, but a fuzzy feeling grew inside of him knowing he cheered Y/N up. He took a glimpse at Y/N, and was satisfied when he saw a grin spread across his face.

Proud of his accomplishment, Designer started another round, knowing Y/N would stay delighted as long as they kept playing.

...

And cue Designer getting his ass kicked in Smash for the rest of the day and Y/N having to calm him down after he starts whining about losing so much-