Rider x *Annoying* Reader

^ Blushing Rider is adorable

owo what's this? A Christmas special with Rider? Though, it doesn't really fully revolve around Christmas... whatever. Also I just wanna point out that the reader isn't that annoying in the story, she's only slightly annoying.

Y/N's POV

I sat down on a bench as I watched Inklings and Octolings buying gifts. I took a sip of my drink and put one leg over the other.

Mmm, I wish I had someone that I could buy a gift for. Someone that I could make happy...

I looked up to see Inkopolis News being broadcasted, with Pearl and Marina announcing the stages for Turf War.

"Whelp, I guess I have nothing else better to do," I mumbled to myself.

I sat up from the bench and picked up my F/W that was leaning on the bench. I walked over to Deca Tower and waited for a team.

I eventually found some Inklings that were able to battle. We all waited for our opposing team to show up.

We soon were able to stop waiting, because the other team arrived. We all turned our heads to see the opposing team. One Inkling stood out, though.

He was dark skinned, wore an Inky Rider Jacket, and Octoling Boots. Not gonna lie, he was kinda hot, but that's not what I should be thinking about right now.

The battle started, with me boringly inking the ground, not paying attention to anything. I looked to see what was happening with the other team and saw the hot Inkling with a grumpy face on.

I then got an idea. I smirked as I swam over to the Inkling and popped up from behind him.

"Hey, why you mad! Why you sad? When you can be... glad?" I asked, trying to keep in my laughter. (Kill me for that reference)

"Eh?! What the shell?!" The Inkling yelled. He started to swing his roller at me out of pure shock. Unfortunately, I got splatted because of this.

"Hmph, rude," I pouted.

The battle was over with my team losing, but I didn't care that much. All I cared about at that moment was figuring what was wrong with that h o t boy.

I skipped over to the Inkling and grinned.

"Hiya, I'm Y/N! What's your name?" I asked, tilting my head.

"It's Rider," 'Rider' bluntly responded.

I tilted my head and pulled Rider's cheek to form a smile.

"Heeeey, don't be all grumpy like that!" I joked.

Rider flailed his arms to stop me from touching him.

"Alright, what's your deal? Why are you so damn annoying?!" He yelled.

I flinched at his outburst, which Rider seemed to notice. His expression calmed down and he sighed.

"S...sorry for yelling at you. I'm just not in the mood for dealing with... happy people," he said.

I smiled and shook my head. "Nah, it's okay. I agree, I was being a bit annoying."

I took a small step closer to Rider.

"I just wanted to know why you seem kinda angry," I said.

Rider crossed his arms and leaned onto the walls of Deca Tower.

"It's just... I'm tired of dealing with people that are so happy and joyful all the time. It just makes me wonder... what causes them to be that happy?" He explained.