Safari x Reader

Requested by Octolingartist13

3rd Person POV

Safari smiled to himself at the mirror. Today was the day he would finally get to actually battle. Before, he would always get into some sort of accident and would be unable to participate with his team.

His Squidphone rang. He pulled it out to see his teammate, Backwards, calling him. He held his Squidphone up to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Oi, Safari, you ready? We're waiting for you at Deca Tower."

"Alright, I'm coming!" Safari exclaimed before ending the call.

Safari walked out of his house and scurried on over to Inkopolis Square... and he ended up getting lost. God dammit, Safari.

"Where the hell am I- AH!!" Safari was knocked out by a familiar figure.

"Whoops~" 

Aloha smirked as he changed into Safari's clothes. 

"Sorry, sweetie," he cooed before walking off to Deca Tower.

Meanwhile...

Green Team and Y/N's team stood impatiently at Deca Tower. Well, everyone was impatient except for Y/N. Why would she be mad at her crush? 

"Where the hell is he?" Backwards mumbled while repeatedly tapping his foot.

"Ah, there he is!" Cleats exclaimed, pointing to who they thought was Safari. 

Backwards grabbed Aloha's arm and dragged him into the tower with everyone else following along.

Map: The Reef

Mode: Turf Wars

3

2

1

Go!

The battle started as normal. Y/N and Green team fought for the middle. Y/N herself, however, had an idea in mind. She wanted to confess to Safari, which is something she's been wanting to do for a long time. How will she confess? Well, by kissing him, of course! 

Aloha was doing his own thing, watching the two teams splatting each other. He then felt someone grab his shoulders and turn him around.

Y/N gulped. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this. Y/N wanted to see his face before kissing him, so she lifted up his Safari Hat. That's when she noticed...

"Wait, you're not Safari!" Y/N cried. Aloha sheepishly laughed.

"Gah! He's a fake!" the real Safari yelled, running onto the stage while pointing at Aloha.

Y/N blushed from embarrassment, since she basically just tried to kiss her crush's impostor.

"Alright, you caught me," Aloha remarked snidely. Safari angrily snatched his hat back and put it back onto his head. He turned to Y/N.

"Y/N, what were you going to do to me?" he asked. Y/N's face flushed a bright F/C.

"Uh, this," she stated before pecking him on his lips.

"O-oh!"

Safari, liking Y/N back, pulled her into a kiss. A more passionate and longer kiss. Y/N smiled while kissing, happy that her crush liked her back.