Skull x Reader

3rd Person POV

Y/N has been a part of Skull's team for a long time now. She was known as the skilled F/W queen, never failing to splat anyone in her way.

They were about to start a battle against Team Inkfall. They stood in Deca Tower, occasionally making small talk.

Despite them being a team, they barely talked. Y/N was not the biggest fan of this, because of her secret crush on one of the members. Yep, she had a crush on her leader, Skull. She didn't know how she fell for him. Maybe it was because of his silence? Maybe it was because of him being air headed at times? Or maybe it was because of his lack of eyebrows? Who knows? All she knew is that she liked him.

The map was Moray Towers. Y/N and the rest rose up from their purple ink, holding up their weapons, Team Inkfall doing the same. The game started, Team Skull making a swift entrance to the middle while Skull stood on top of the second lowest platform, sniping the enemy team. It seems that even Inkfall, the extreme... germaphobic squids, can't even dodge Skull's sniping skills in the slightest.

I decided to head near the enemies's base. I inked the tower, getting closer to their spawn point.

"Not so fast!" Knit Hat-chan yelled as she jumped in front of me. With little to no time to react, she aimed her Nozzlenose at me. I closed my eyes, ready to be splatted. I stayed there for about a second before realizing nothing happened. I looked up to see Knit Hat's gear and weapon scattered on the floor, along with her squid ghost(?) flying into the air. I looked behind me to see Skull. I smiled. "Thanks!" I yelled while continuing with reaching near their spawn.

The game ended with our team winning. I jumped with joy. We all walked out of Deca Tower and stopped near the shops, taking a break. Skull walked up to me. "Hey good job out th-" I cut him off by hugging him. Skull tensed up and blushed slightly. I pulled back and grinned widely.

"Thanks for saving me," I said. Skull pulled up his bandana, desperately trying to hide his blush. "Y-your welcome," he replied. Suddenly, he pulled down his bandana and pecked me on the cheek, swiftly pulling it back up. I blushed. He then grabbed my hand. "C'mon, let's go to the Crust Bucket," he said. I nodded, still flustered.