Hachi x *Scared* *Inkling* Reader

Hachi looks cute in his recent outfit ngl

3rd Person POV

Y/N stumbled a bit as she went further into the forest. It was silent, the only sound was the leaves crunching beneath Y/N feet. It was also almost nighttime, which wasn't doing Y/N a favor, since she was lost. She stood there for a good few seconds, playing with the straps of her backpack, before sighing.

"Great, I'm lost. Why did I even want to go camping in the first place?!" She thought.

The sound of walking made Y/N freeze in place.

"Now I'm going to get murdered, fucking great."

She turned around to see an Octoling wearing Squidlife Headphones, a Red Cuttlegear LS, and a pair of Suede Gray Lace-ups.

Her body tensed up.

"Y-you're... you're an Octopus," she said while quivering in fear.

The male nodded. "Um, yeah..." he quietly replied.

Despite the fact that Octolings were recently arriving in Inkopolis Square to participate in Turf Wars and such, Y/N still had a huge phobia of them. She had the belief that they were just putting on an act, and were soon going to eliminate all Inklings.

Y/N took her slightly dirty Splattershot out of her backpack and aimed it at the Octoling.

"I-I don't trust your kind," she stuttered, shakily holding her weapon.

The Octoling help his hands up in defense. "H-hey, I'm not gonna hurt you," he reassured her, slightly shook in the process.

Y/N gulped as she lowered her weapon and the Octoling took a few steps towards her.

"I-I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I shouldn't judge you because you're an Octoling," she stated while quickly putting her Splattershot back into her backpack.

The Octoling, to her surprise, just smiled in return. "It's fine. I know you're not really used to seeing an Octoling."

He held his hand out. "I'm Hachi, and I live in this forest, along with my friends."

A light blush formed on Y/N's cheek as she shook Hachi's soft hand.

"I'm Y/N," she replied.

Hachi took a glance at the sky before looking back to Y/N.

"Hey, it's getting kinda dark. If you don't mind, you can stay at my camping spot," he said.

Y/N nervously looked around her before nodding.

"I-I guess I'm fine with that."

"Great! Let's go!"

Hachi grabbed Y/N's hand, causing her face to flush. They spent a few minutes walking before arriving at a small camp spot near Camp Triggerfish.

"Hachi, you're back!" An Octoling girl exclaimed while running up to Hachi. The other two Octoling's faces lit up and faced Hachi.

"Yep!" Hachi cheerfully replied.

Y/N hid slightly behind Hachi's back, looking at the Octoling girl, before finding the courage to speak up.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I kinda got lost in the forest and now I'm here."

The Octoling girl smiled.

"Well hi, Y/N, I'm Nana, and these are my friends Pony and Afro!" She said while pointing to the other two.

"Y/N will be staying here for the night," Hachi stayed to the others. They nodded in response.

"Uh, where will she sleep?" Pony asked. They all stopped to think for a bit.

"I dunno." Afro turned to Y/N. "Let's let Y/N pick."

Y/N froze as the 4 Octolings looked at her.

"Um-I-uh... Hachi!" She blurted out, desperately just wanting the conversation to end. Hachi smiled before nodding. "Ok!"

Hachi set up a sleeping bag next to his inside his tent. Y/N watched his every move, getting lost in her thoughts in the process. "Sorry if it's not comfortable enough. This is the only one we have left," Hachi said. Y/N shrugged. "It's fine."

The moon and darkness soon took over the sky, and Y/N and Hachi began to grow sleepy.

"G'night, Hachi," Y/N yawned.

"Night'," Hachi responded.

They soon fell asleep peacefully, until a storm started to brew up. The thunder crackling woke Y/N up, causing her to jump. She let out a kinda loud yelp, causing Hachi to wake up as well.

"Y/N, are you okay," Hachi groggily asked while rubbing his eyes.

"The-the storm," Y/N whimpered before thunder interrupted her.

Hachi got up and walked over to Y/N's sleeping bag. He then laid down next to Y/N and started to hug her.

Y/N tensed up. "Wh-what are you doing?!" She asked.

"I'm trying to calm you down," he replied. He then pulled away and looked at her with sympathy in his eyes.

"A-am I annoying you?" He asked, hoping he hadn't upset her.

Y/N shook her head before tightly hugging Hachi.

"N-no, please keep going."

They then snuggled up together and Y/N was able to sleep soundly.

...

The next morning Nana, Pony, and Afro all barged into Hachi's tent to find Y/N and Hachi together, both slightly drooling.

Nana squealed while Pony and Afro took pictures.

Hachi woke from the noise and caught Pony and Afro. They both started to smirk and run away.

"H-hey, delete those!" Hachi yelled before chasing after them.

You woke up from the yelling and saw Hachi chasing Pony and Afro. Nana was kneeling besides you.

Nana giggled while nudging your arm. "You're a lucky one," she said, causing you to blush.