Army x Shy Fem Reader

I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶g̶a̶n̶r̶o̶n̶p̶a̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶-̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶-̶

I don't even know what this is I just wrote outta my ass tbh

And yes this is a serious one-shot unlike the Mask one lol

3rd Person Pov

"Hmm... How about that girl with the I/C hair," spoke the pink-colored inkling, pointing to a girl in the distance.

"Aloha, how many times do I have to tell you, I'm not interested in dating," replied the serious inkling.

"Awwww, you're boring~!" Aloha cried out, puffing his cheeks.

"Why do you want me to date, anyway?" Army asked, writing in his manual.

"Well, duh! Because I don't want you to die a virgin," Aloha smirked.

An orange blush grew on Army's cheeks.

"A-Aloha! Do not say preposterous things like that in public! ...A-And, I'm not going to die a virgin!" Army scolded the outgoing idiot.

"I dunno man. You're not gonna get laid if you don't talk to girls.."

Aloha's eyes shifted over to the I/C-haired girl. She was sitting alone, sipping on a smoothie.

"...F-Fine. I'll go talk to her," Army grunted, getting up from his seat.

"Alright~~! Go get yourself some puss-"

"Shut up."

...

...

"Ahem, hello."

The shorter female looked up to see a stern inkling with back face paint on his cheeks. It seemed as if he was frowning, which undeniably made the girl feel a bit uneasy.

"Um.. H-Hi?"

"I-I.. I'm Army. Mind if I sit with you?" he asked, pointing to the empty spot across from her.

"No, not at all..." the girl responded.

Army gave a small smile before sitting down. He had to admit, the inkling/octoling was pretty cute.

"Wh-What's your name?" Army questioned, trying his best to start a conversation.

"..Y/N," Y/N hesitantly replied.

"R-Right! That's a lovely name!" Army beamed, attempting to swoon her.

Y/N shuffled around in her seat, a slight tint of blush staining her cheeks. She smiled shyly as she gripped onto her smoothie.

"Th-Thank you."

Y/N looked Army in the eyes.

"Y-You're part of the S4, right? The really famous team with strong players?" she asked.

"Mhm."

"A-Ah! You must be really talented, then! ...I-I could never be as skilled as you are.."

Army almost choked on his spit as he heard her say that.

"D-Don't say that! Everyone has the chance to improve themselves! You just have to practice hard and never give up hope(N̶a̶g̶i̶t̶o̶)!" Army vocalized.

Y/N lowered her head. "R-Really?"

"Of course... Say, why don't we hang out sometime and I can train you? Sound like a plan?" Army queried the shy girl.

"...Y-You'd really train someone as pathetic and weak as me?" Y/N's voice quivered.

"Yes! N-Not saying you're pathetic and weak b-but-!"

Army quickly ripped out a piece of paper out of his manual and wrote down his number.

"H-Here! Just hAve this!" Army placed the paper down in front of her, his voice cracking in the process like the dork he is.

Flustered, Army quickly paced away from the confused but blushing female. He let out a deep sigh.

Sure, he could've done better with the communication and awkwardness, but in the end, he still got the girl.

And that's all that matters.

...

...

"Wow, I guess you really aren't gonna die a virgin, Army~"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up earlier?!"