Five

Jin walked in and knocked on quite a few doors as he attempted to locate Taehyung since he was unclear about which room he was in. After making his way to the end of one of the hallways and turning to his right, where there was a large double door, he finally got the impression that he had arrived at the correct location. He had no idea how big the house was until he searched for Taehyung's room and had to look everywhere. After such a long day, he felt he needed to get some rest and was looking forward to retiring to his bed shortly.

He had accomplished a great deal more today in comparison to any other day in his whole life. Even though he lived at home with his mother, he did not often prepare meals or clean the kitchen. Instead, his mother typically took care of matters related to the kitchen. He assisted in maintaining the cleanliness of the other sections of their house. Therefore, simply the fact of all he had done already in Taehyung's house gave him the distinct impression that he was living a completely new life. He pondered what more he would have to do that he wasn't accustomed to doing in addition to being a father to Jimin and Taehyung's spouse. He already had a lot on his plate between the two responsibilities, which brought him a lot of anxiety with concerns about the unknown as he didn't want to be bad at either role.

He took a moment to compose himself before knocking on Taehyung's door, where he could make out the faint sound of music. When the door opened, he was taken aback by Taehyung, who came before him wearing nothing but his slacks and holding a wine glass. This left him completely speechless. Jin moved his gaze so that he could concentrate on the door handles.

"It's our wedding night, and I've had two glasses of wine without you. What were you doing installing a new kitchen?"

"Sorry. I got lost along the way."

"No surprise. You would think that finding out where your spouse sleeps would have been at the top of your list of priorities, but apparently not. On the other hand, you found your way to the kitchen of all places. Your priorities are going to have to shift, Seokjin."

Jin didn't know what to say, so he decided against responding.

"Please come in. I'll show you around. It would help if you spent some time getting to know my room and the area around it. Whenever I'm at home, I'll expect you to be here. You can sleep in that other room when I'm not there or if I ask you to give me some space. I value space a lot. If that's clear, I'll be able to deal with you better. I hope you quickly figure out what I like and don't like. I don't think this will be a problem since you care a lot about school and are used to helping your ex with their homework. Which proves you might have some useful knowledge somewhere in there."

Jin said nothing as he entered Taehyung's room and avoided looking at him. He wished Taehyung had been wearing a shirt.

"Follow me," Taehyung commanded.

After following Taehyung, Jin was taken to the rear of Taehyung's room, where he was shown out to a balcony that overlooked the pool. With the lights on, Jin was amazed at the stunning beauty of the backyard. He was completely unaware that there was a swimming pool. Swimming was one of his favorite activities, although he didn't get to do it very frequently.

"Do you drink?" Taehyung asked as he poured a glass of wine for Jin.

Jin glanced in his direction and said, "I don't really like alcohol."

"That doesn't answer my question, now, does it?"

His fingernails rubbed against his palms as he chewed on the inside corners of his lips. He took a deep breath and then, holding out his hand, said, "I will have a glass of wine."

"I don't recall offering you any. Now, do you drink, yes, or no?"

"N-no, I don't like it."

"It must be horrible being you." Taehyung makes the statement as he transfers the wine he had poured for Jin into his glass. "Wine is the greatest of all. Take a seat and enjoy the view."