Sixty-Four

"I don't want to go there."

Yoongi glanced apologetically at his husband, Han, before shifting his gaze back to Jungkook. The latter was engrossed in the PowerPoint slide that Yoongi's husband had thoroughly created, outlining their annual vacation plans.

"Jungkook, Han put in a lot of effort to choose this place. I looked into it carefully and think you'd like it as well. There's a whole lot we'll be able to do." Yoongi tried to clarify, wanting the understanding and approval of the thirteen-year-old.

Jungkook heard a buzzing sound coming from his phone, prompting him to shift his gaze towards the device. He quickly attended to a message he received before redirecting his focus towards his uncle Yoongi. "I ain't sayin' y'all can't go, I'm just sayin' I don't wanna go. My dad already took me to Cabo Verde, and I am not interested in revisiting the same spot."

"Oh shoot, I totally forgot that you went there with him," Yoongi confessed and immediately felt guilty for not considering that beforehand. He glanced at his husband and said, "How about we plan another trip to Cabo Verde together? Let's find a destination where our entire family can gather, making sure Jungkook doesn't miss out on our yearly vacation. Our daughters would want him there as well."

Han fixed his gaze on Yoongi, shooting him a stare communicating various thoughts. This prompted Yoongi to announce, "I'll pick a location."

"Great, you go ahead and do that!" Han replied and exited the room.

Jungkook glanced over at the vacant space where Han had been standing, then shifted his gaze to Yoongi. "Well, it seems like he's pretty upset. I don't have to come with you all this year. Uncle Namjoon has already extended an invitation for me to join his family on their vacation, and given that Jimin will be going as well, I have decided to go."

"Why on earth would he extend an invitation to you? Since when has he been inviting you on his family vacation?" Yoongi asked, immediately taken aback by the news.

Jungkook shrugged, "I don't know; my dad said he told him he wanted me to come. I'm only going because Jimin is going, and he said it's always a blast."

"Vacations with me are always fun, too."

Laughing, Jungkook looked at his uncle and said, "Of course they are! The second memorable vacation I've ever experienced was the one that I went on with you and Han."

"Which one was your first?"

"When my dad and I went camping for my birthday."

"Oh, the trip that led Taeri to shave her eyebrows," Yoongi remarked, reflecting on the events that transpired over the previous year.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "that little brat! Because of what she did, my dad insisted that we return home earlier than originally planned."

Yoongi couldn't help but burst into laughter, "Taeri is truly one of a kind. By the way, how would you feel if she were to join us on this year's vacation?"

"Please, no!" Jungkook shouted, then remembered something and grinned, "Well, it's fine, you can ask, but my appa won't allow her to go."

"It's me, and he'd be willing to let her if I tell him my plan to take her."

"I think not. Ever since Uncle Namjoon caused her to get lost at the Zoo, appa declared that she would only go with him or our dad on any trips. My dad doesn't want her going anywhere without him either."

Yoongi sighed, "I just can't understand how Namjoon managed to leave her at the zoo."

"I think he's clueless at times 'cause Jimin told me that Uncle Hoseok once requested a divorce 'cause Uncle Namjoon neglected to pick up Soyeon from school, and it was the third time of his forgetfulness. Jimin described a heated disagreement, pointing out the disagreement's seriousness. Apparently, they raised their voices and caused other chaos.