Eighteen

A/N: This week has been so ugh! Anyway, I feel a bit better now I got to do an update successfully. 

****

Jin spent a few seconds examining his attire in the mirror and hoped that the clothes he had selected were suitable for the occasion where he would be present alongside Taehyung. Even though he was fine with the idea of going out with Taehyung as a support, leaving his children behind made him feel bad. However, he was grateful that this time around, rather than the children leaving their home, they were having a babysitter come by.

He had favorable feelings about the lady that they had selected. She was a retired teacher and was in her mid-fifties at the time. In addition, she was a mother to three grown children, all of whom were now attending college. Jin thought she was fantastic, and he was relieved that Taehyung did not see any faults in her. Their children needed to be looked after by a trustworthy individual while they were away.

When he became aware that Taehyung was approaching the room in which he was located, he quickly fastened the button on his jacket and used his hands to smooth it. He realized that hiding the fact that he was pregnant this time wasn't as simple as it had been with Jungkook; despite this, he was still grateful that he had chosen a suit that helped not to make it obvious.

He didn't want any questions and quickly learned that the media were very intrusive and nosy. They were a lot like his husband.

"I like how you put yourself together." Taehyung approached him from behind and wrapped his arms around his tummy.

Jin gave a faint smile, "thank you."

Taehyung planted a passionate kiss on Jin's neck and pulled closer to him before bringing his lips to Jin's ear and said, "I am sure you know my rules, but if you have forgotten them-"

"Don't talk to anyone, don't smile at anyone, and stay by your side when asked. Don't tell anyone about my pregnancy. Don't look anyone in the eyes. Be present but invisible. I know." Jin sighed as he looked at his husband in the mirror.

"I never told you to be invisible," Taehyung said with a frown. "I don't mind either that people know you are pregnant. They will eventually find out."

"I would prefer if they didn't-"

"Why is that?"

"I'm not ashamed of being pregnant, but I don't want to feel the way I did when your mother found out. People see us as careless, which is understandable since we didn't plan anything; Jungkook was born out of the blue, and now this baby. So, I'd like that if we don't have to say anything."

Taehyung did not utter a sound as he observed Jin in the mirror while remaining completely quiet.

****

Jin was taken aback by many people in the room; the last event he had attended with Taehyung had been little compared to this one. It had been a long time since he had been exposed to such a large number of people all at once, and the experience was overwhelming for him.

His days were usually spent with his children and, sometimes, his spouse. It was an unusual occurrence for him to see so many people all at once. While walking together, he found himself doing something he had never done before: clutching Taehyung's arm.

As Taehyung felt Jin's arm tighten around him, he couldn't help but smile. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." Jin stifled a smile as he saw a group of people staring in their direction. It made him feel self-conscious. It was not a place he felt comfortable, as there were too many people.

"I don't mind if you cling to me," Taehyung said as he brought Jin closer to him while moving his arm around Jin's waist and said, "after I've said hello to a few folks, I'll show you the way to our table."