Fifty-Six

A/N: I need to go back to writing shorter chapters cause what was this?! Errors are forming a fan club of their own, so don't look to me to fix them. And for y'all who whined about where Jungkook was in the last chapter, he is here!

*****

With a relaxed posture, Jin leaned back on the balcony chair, his feet comfortably placed on Taehyung's thighs. As Taehyung delicately massaged his feet, they were deeply engaged in a conversation. Jin recalled wanting to say something to Taehyung, though the moment was perfect for them to have a conversation. He spoke, his voice filled with curiosity, "There is something I've been meaning to ask you."

"What's that?" Taehyung's curiosity sparked as he directed his gaze toward Jin's feet, his eyes unwavering. His fingers delicately caressed each toe, applying gentle pressure that radiated an undeniable affection.

"Do you remember some time back when I mentioned my classmates wanting to go to Jeju after graduation to celebrate?"

While gently massaging Jin's feet, Taehyung's hands stopped, and his gaze shifted towards Jin's face. "I don't recall, but what about it?" he inquired.

"It has been some time since we last discussed it, so you may have forgotten. Regardless, I plan to go because it will be a good experience. I have rarely participated in school trips or anything with my classmates, perhaps only two during high school. However, since this might be my last opportunity, I am excited to do it, so I am going."

Taehyung, with a gentle touch, continued to massage Jin's feet without saying anything. Jin's unease grew as the room fell into an abrupt hush. Despite his discomfort, he refrained from uttering a word; he wanted to hear Taehyung say something first.

"How many classmates are going on this trip?"

"It's somewhere between six and ten. I can't say since it keeps changing, but it doesn't make a difference. Also, I don't know if it's feasible, but being as how your assistant got us this room at this amazing hotel. Can they help me book my accommodation in Jeju? I already know the hotel's name, but they appear skilled at handling these things, and I prefer this type of room."

Taehyung gazed at Jin, his eyes shifting toward the night sky as he pondered Jin's words. After taking a moment to collect himself and take a deep breath, he calmly responded, "Sure, Seokjin, I can arrange for them to book it for you. You should also have them arrange your flight to and from."

Jin smiled, "Thank you so much. Also, I have one more question."

"What is it, Seokjin?"

"Would you be available to come with me? I don't want to go alone, and I thought having you there would be a perfect getaway for us, but I understand if you are busy and can't come. Hoseok said-"

"I am available whenever you need me to be. I am currently not busy and do not have any plans for that week. I will call my assistant to make arrangements for us so that we can ensure that the rooms are not booked out. If your classmates bring a plus one, the hotel could fill up quickly. What is the name of the hotel?" Taehyung gently lifted Jin's feet from his lap, stood up, and searched his pocket for his phone.

Jin's eyes widened, and he jumped up, grabbing Taehyung's hand to stop him and reminding him that it was already late. "Taehyung, it's late. At this late hour, you can't call your assistant."

"They'll pick up"

"No. That's not nice. Just because they will does not mean you should call them. You can have them do it tomorrow."

Taehyung stopped searching for his phone and pulled Jin into his arms, wrapping them around him, "you are right," he admitted, "I am just excited. I didn't know you would invite me."