Thirty-Three

Jin couldn't believe it as he stood in the driveway after he parked his car. Not only had he successfully gotten his license, but he had also secured a car. Since it made the most sense, he chose an SUV designed for families. Although Taehyung already owned two SUVs and four other cars, he believed they needed a larger, roomier vehicle to accommodate their kids.

"Are you planning on staying out here and staring at it till the wee morning?" Taehyung inquired as he approached Jin, tugging him in closer by the waist.

"No. I just...I feel happy. Besides the day I had my babies, I will always remember today." Jin didn't usually talk about how he felt, but the day he got his license was important because it showed him that he could do anything. He didn't think he would get it on the first try either, so having his license and a car now meant a lot to him.

Taehyung leaned forward and rested his chin on Jin's shoulder as he stood behind Jin, his arms wrapped around the latter's waist. "Getting married to me isn't on that list of happy days?"

When Jin gazed around the driveway, it took him some time to respond to Taehyung's question. He was aware of how sensitive Taehyung was and wanted to express his thoughts candidly; still, he did not want to do so in a way that would cause his husband to have any doubts.

Jin had seen some changes in Taehyung, especially after the birth of the triplets, and he liked them since they brought them closer together. He got the impression that their marriage had become more sincere with time, making him feel more connected to Taehyung. He felt they could make their marriage work, and he hoped that things would continue to go in a positive direction for them and their children.

"Why aren't you responding?"

"It was a day filled with uncertainties. I do not doubt that we share the same views about that day. The way we had been living our lives was completely upended in an instant, and I had no idea what to anticipate happening next. I couldn't see us having any future together with a child.

On that day, I was only going through the motions of the task I had been given since that was how I regarded it then, but today I do not consider any of it a task. Despite how unorthodox it was, this was probably a path we were supposed to tread with our five children."

Taehyung kissed Jin's neck lightly but did not respond as he stared ahead down their driveway.

"Tell me your thoughts on the day we got married." Since Jin was not used to Taehyung's silence, and because it felt strange when Taehyung was silent, Jin developed a sense of curiosity.

"I was angry. I felt a great deal of resentment. My resentment was directed mostly at my parents, but you and Jimin were not excluded. I have several businesses outside my father's firm, as I have revealed over the last few months. It was important to me to create or acquire these businesses because the uncertainty of whether I would ever take over the company was strong for me.

Because owning a company is what I've been preparing for most of my life, I had already accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience by the time I was a teenager. Since I was seven years old, my father had taken me golfing, and he has stressed the importance of my taking over the family business. I considered this an incredible privilege growing up with a father figure like mine. I wished I were him. When it came to pleasing my father, I spared no effort.

This may surprise you, but from when I was ten years old until eighteen, I spent each summer attending school even though everyone else was having fun. It's how I got my first degree when I was eighteen. After that, I continued my education by attending graduate school, and then I moved overseas to get my second graduate degree before I became twenty-two years old.