Twenty-Seven

Jin looked at the ring and then back at Taehyung. He had something he wanted to say, but he knew it was not worth expressing because of Taehyung's inability to understand. In addition, he had other, more critical things to think about. When he thought about their innocent babies, it made him feel uneasy since he was not in an excellent physical state, so he tried to avoid thinking about it.

Even after the physician had informed him that everything would be well, and given that he was pregnant with multiples, it was not impossible for what had happened to him. It did not prevent him from being anxious, and he would have wanted to give birth to them at seven months, but the doctor continued to advise against it, and he warned him that any time they discovered him or the babies to be in danger, they would rethink their advice.

"Do you like the new ring, Seokjin?"

Jin nodded and closed his eyes, but Jimin pried his eyelids open as he said, "Appa, look at me."

With a smile, Jin asked, "what's wrong, Jimin?"

"Read now," Jimin grumbled as he massaged his eyes and continued to look at his Appa.

"Oh. Are you tired?"

Jimin nodded, "tired, Appa."

"Okay, your dad is going to take you home-"

"I already told you they are staying here."

Jin glanced at his husband, "Taehyung, I don't think it would be fair to have the kids stay here. The hospital is not the best place for them to be. I am okay here by myself."

"Of course, you would be; your ultimate goal is to be by yourself."

Jin heaved before responding, "I do not know where you get your imaginative ideas, but that is not the case. Also, you won't make this difficult if you have any concerns for me as your spouse and care about my well-being. Because the hospital is not their home, I do not want the children to spend the night there. While Jungkook prefers to sleep with his lights on and music on, Jimin enjoys having bedtime stories read to him while listening to the sounds of the seashore. If they were home in their bed rather than staying here, it would put a lot more burden off my shoulders."

"Don't try to create an idea that I don't care about your well-being. I wouldn't be here if I didn't, and you know I have never stayed home with the kids alone. How am I supposed to deal with both of them? We are better off staying here in this room with you. They don't seem to listen, especially Jimin, and Jungkook is starting to move around. I don't like it."

"Jimin, what?" Jimin asked as he looked at Taehyung.

As Jin stared at his husband, he felt he couldn't possibly be more flabbergasted than he already was. He was aware that Taehyung had never spent time alone with the kids, but he had helped with the children on occasion when he was at home, so he was unsure why Taehyung was so concerned about being alone with them. It wasn't as if the children were strangers to him since they were his children.

"Taehyung, you will be fine. If I can do it, you are likely capable of doing it. The kids don't give a lot of trouble either."

Taehyung thought about Jin's words and asked, "What will you do if I go home with them?"

"Given that I am now in the hospital, I don't suppose there is anything planned for me to do."

"No. I am not okay with it. My mother can watch the kids. She can go to the house and babysit them. I belong here with you. I am your husband, and I should be here."

Jin chose not to respond to Taehyung and gave his attention to Jimin, who had started to make a fuss.

Taehyung came closer to the bed and handed Jungkook to him, "I will be back."