Forty-Nine

A/N: Didn't want to leave y'all hanging too long, so here is something. 

*****

With a curious tilt of his head, Taehyung leaned in closer to Jin, his eyes filled with anticipation, eager to hear Jin's thoughts on the food he had prepared for him. "How is it?"

Jin's heart skipped a beat when he felt Taehyung's presence, causing him to readjust his position on the chair. "It's good. Thank you for preparing it."

Taehyung's face brightened with a warm smile as he leaned back, feeling at ease in the chair he was sitting in. "You are welcome. If I were here every morning, I could prepare food for you. Unfortunately, I am not. It really makes me sad that you aren't able to enjoy meals like this more often. What can we do about it, though?" Taehyung asked as he sighed. "I guess if I lived here like I used to, that could certainly change. It would be easy for me to prepare you breakfast and any other meals you desire."

Jin raised an eyebrow and glanced at Taehyung, remarking, "It's quite remarkable how you're suggesting doing things like this now that we're no longer living together. Where was your desire to do it when we were married, and you were living here?"

Taehyung reached across the table, gently taking Jin's hands. "Baby, my love, please let's not dwell on the past. I am prioritizing our future and recognizing that dwelling on the past will not contribute to our progress. It is not fair to draw comparisons between the past actions of an immature boy to the current actions of the mature and loving husband I have become."

"Did you mean to say the future actions of a mature and loving husband that you aspire to become?" Jin, with a curious expression on his face, inquired.

Taking a deep breath and sighing, Taehyung nodded and said, "Yes, but shouldn't I receive some credit for the present moment? Wasn't our date last night enjoyable? I believed that I had done an excellent job with it."

"Taehyung, you did an incredible job. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment I spent with you last night. The atmosphere was distinct or unique. I experienced a genuine sense of belonging, and it didn't feel forced. I felt at ease in your presence. I believe I made it clear to you last night.

Also, I want to be clear that I love the food you make and appreciate how hard you work to get up early and make it for us. If, hypothetically, you were to become my husband again at some point in the future and engage in actions similar to last night and this morning, it would make me happy to have a husband like you." Jin said as he smiled at Taehyung.

"Not hypothetically. You mean, when I become your husband again. Our future is not hypothetical. Moreover, I assure you that my actions from last night and this morning will keep happening in the future with the intention of bringing you happiness. Don't think otherwise." Taehyung's face turned serious as he locked eyes with Jin.

"Okay," Jin said softly and returned to eating.

Taehyung grew worried when Jin remained silent. He wondered, "Is it an okay meaning you agree with me, or is it an okay meaning you're just going to ignore me and change the passcode and locks on the doors again?"

Jin burst into laughter but abruptly stopped when he made eye contact with Taehyung. "I am sorry. The way you said it caused it to sound amusing. I meant to say "okay" because I understood what you said. You are correct; our future is not hypothetical."

"Good, you understood because I don't want you thinking of it that way. I won't push to move back in because I will trust that my actions will be enough to allow you to determine when I can come back home. It would be nice, though; it happened before the twins arrived."