Thirty-Seven

Namjoon quickly checked Taehyung's office after quietly gaining entry and locking the door behind himself. When he proceeded further into the room, he was surprised to discover Taehyung standing behind his desk with his eyes fixed on the laptop screen that was propped up on the standing desk.

"You are working?"

The question that Namjoon asked emitted the sound of his confusion as he stared at Taehyung.

When Taehyung looked up from his computer's display, he met Namjoon's gaze and made eye contact. "What else would I be doing?"

"You just fired twenty percent of the staff and tore up the board of directors. How on earth are you able to get any work done at a time like this? To add insult to injury, I am even more perplexed as to why you did not inform me of your objectives before the beginning of the meeting." Namjoon was still reeling from the recent events at an emergency town hall meeting that Taehyung had organized.

"Please wait just a minute, and I will answer your questions. You are welcome to have a seat, or you may walk about the room if that suits your needs. It will take a few more minutes. I need to approve the schedule Seokjin just sent me about Jimin."

"Schedule?" Namjoon's eyes darted from side to side as he questioned.

"He is in toddler school."

"Toddler school? What the hell is that?"

Taehyung exhaled deeply and groaned, "I cannot concentrate on your endless questions!"

"Did I go to toddler school?" Namjoon asked himself as he walked over to the window. That was the first time he had heard anything about it, and it made him think about his unborn daughter with Hoseok and if he should be considering toddler school for her.

Taehyung paid him no attention and instead concentrated on the task at hand. "Seokjin is conscious of the reality that if he goes at ten o'clock, it will not be feasible for me to take him to school. Why does he keep on doing things in this way?!"

"What happened?"

"Mind your business, please."

"You must recognize that just because you are going through a divorce does not mean you have a right to be angry with everyone else."

Again, Taehyung ignored Namjoon and made notes on the schedule Jin had sent him before sending it back to him with the changes he wanted to make to reflect his preferences.

After he was finished, he set aside his laptop, grabbed the folder off his desk, and made his way over to the three-seat couch closest to the windows in his office. He sat down and slid his phone out of his pocket before dropping the folder on the coffee table.

He instantly checked his messages and grumbled when he noticed that Jin had not yet responded to an earlier message he had sent him about them having dinner together.

"You look stressed."

Taehyung looked over at Namjoon, who sat directly opposite him on the couch. He rolled his eyes and set the phone down before gesturing to the folder on the coffee table and said, "review that, and then ask any questions you have."

Namjoon picked up the folder and opened it, taking his time as he looked through a good deal of the information, turning the pages of several papers as he proceeded along.

While he had to kill while waiting for Namjoon to finish, Taehyung kept himself occupied by sending multiple text messages.

"Wait, what the hell! Why does it state that I own fifteen percent of the shares?" Namjoon's eyes were glued to the page, and he became confused. "You only have forty-five percent; how is that possible? Who did this?"