Nineteen

A/N: I lost a part of this chapter and only noticed when I was reviewing it that a chunk got deleted. It annoyed me, but my mood is already all over the place with Seokjin's upcoming departure to the military that I probably deleted it and didn't know.

Errors and mess exist below because that's just part of the journey. It's a simple chapter for the most part since most have been asking for a little break from all the intensity of the book. Happy reading ❤️

*****

While Jin waited for Taehyung to get inside the vehicle, he fastened his seatbelt and ensured it was secure. When the vehicle door slammed, he felt a jolt and glanced over to check whether Taehyung was okay. When he did, he was confronted with a glare that caused him to turn his head and look outside the car.

"I promise that this will be the last time that you accompany me to any occasion," Taehyung said as he started the vehicle and sped away from the area.

Jin did not reply since he was already aware that Taehyung would be furious with him.

"What the hell was so effing hilarious about Namjoon talking? You laughed at everything that he said. I have never seen you laugh like that before! What made you laugh so much?"

Once again, Jin did not react to Taehyung's question since he felt that doing so would be pointless.

"Do you hear me talking, Seokjin? Are you choosing to ignore me? Do you believe that just because people are paying attention to you today that you are above responding to what I have to say? I will let you know that people are staring at you because you are in my company. They will tell you anything to gain your favor and get them closer to me. I do not doubt that you are aware of this. So don't think you are special."

Jin swallowed as he heard Taehyung's words, and he responded with, "I never once thought I was special."

"Good, I am glad you are aware you are not."

"Why did you take me with you?" Jin asked Taehyung honestly, wanting to know.

"Because I thought you could act respectfully. I really should have known better. You can't act decently. I saw you during my speech, eating, giving your attention to everything else but me. I would've had a better time without you there."

Jin let out a sigh as he felt himself being overwhelmed by Taehyung's words. "Taehyung, I am sorry I didn't measure up to the expectations that you had for me today. In the future, I will have no problem whatsoever remaining at home with the kids. I don't think I must attend these gatherings, and I believe that if I don't, it will also prevent you from being angry with me afterward."

"I didn't have any expectations for you."

"Okay." Jin wanted badly to get home. He was doing all in his power to keep from crying, as he despised it whenever Taehyung saw him shedding tears.

"You couldn't even tell me what you thought about my speech. Everyone stood up and clapped for me. All you did was sit there and eat. I swear I wish I could reverse time. I hate being stuck with you."

Jin's defenses collapsed, and he could no longer hold his emotions back. He tried to stop crying by putting his hand over his mouth, but the pain was too much for him.

"This is why I can't talk to you—for everything you cry like a baby for. My parents fucked me over."

As Jin continued to cry, Taehyung exhaled loudly and moved his hand to Jin's thigh, "Seokjin-"

"D-don't touch me, please."

Jin's words left Taehyung stunned, and he slowly took his hand away from Jin before turning to gaze at his husband and asking, "what did you say?" Taehyung asked, as he was sure he had heard wrong.