Forty-Three

As Jin exited the doctor's office, he placed his palm on his tummy and focused on breathing after walking outside. He felt a sense of relief now that he had finished what he hoped would be his last visit before the date he was scheduled to give birth.

"She could not have been more disrespectful. I don't want her to continue working as your doctor." Taehyung soon appeared next to Jin and commented. "I will file a complaint against her; she does not need to be anyone's doctor."

When Jin turned to look at the man he was once married to, with a look of annoyance visible on his face, he said, "Taehyung, what is wrong with you? She did nothing wrong."

"She didn't do anything wrong?" Taehyung said in utter surprise. "Are you serious? You are being pressured to take birth control by her, and you don't believe she has done anything wrong?"

Jin sighed frustratedly and said, "No one is putting any pressure on me. It was a recommendation! The same recommendation she gave me the last time I was pregnant. One that I am going to follow this time around. Not that it's any of your business, either. So I don't understand why you were arguing with her?"

"I wasn't trying to argue with her. I agree with what she said. It would help if you started using birth control immediately after you have the twins, especially while we are taking a break.

So I didn't have any issue with her recommendation; it just rubbed me the wrong way that she kept repeating the same thing repeatedly while looking at me. Why was she staring at me like that? She was talking to me as if she was informing me, even though she knew that you were the one who was expecting. Do you not think there is an issue with that?"

"Taehyung, you and I are no longer married," Jin said as he checked his phone and read a message that had just come through for him.

"What does it have to do with what we're discussing?" Taehyung inquired as he moved closer to get a better look at Jin's phone.

Jin locked his phone and looked directly at his ex-husband. "You stated that I need to go on birth control, particularly now that we are taking a break, and I wanted to correct you because we are not taking a break. We are divorced. Taking a break from a relationship and ending it in divorce are two wholly different things. Also, I decide if I go on birth control, no one else. "

"Yes, I am aware of that, and for that reason, I became irritated with her. She insisted on saying the same thing repeatedly, and I didn't want you to feel forced into choosing a choice you aren't happy with. I have no idea how many other individuals she has coerced into doing things they did not want to do.

And that's not even all of it. When you left the room, she had the arrogance to say that some partners who care about their marriages frequently choose to get a vasectomy while staring directly at me. I don't like her, and I truly hope you'll seriously consider finding another doctor for the sake of your well-being."

Jin smiled when he read and replied to a message on his phone. He had blocked out Taehyung and was only partially aware of what the other man had to say.

"Who are you texting?"

"Hoseok."

"Is he giving you a million dollars?" Taehyung inquired while he stared at Jin.

Jin gazed at him with confusion before asking, "huh?"

"I mean that you are smiling like he's planning to include you in his Will."

"He sent me pictures of the artwork Jimin and Jungkook created."

"Let me make a prediction and say that Jimin drew cookies while Jungkook splattered paint with his hands," Taehyung said confidently.