Twenty-Three

"When we originally married, I never guaranteed I would be committed to you. Neither was it a request for me to commit to you either. Like you said earlier, this was an arrangement.

It's after a period spent living together something developed between the two of us. It took you months before we ever got to sleep together. If you were concerned about my "cheating," as you allege, you should have made yourself more available.

I have only denied Jimin. I have never denied Jungkook or those you are carrying. I also had every right to say that Jimin was not my child. I don't know who fucked me over, but I can say for sure that you are the only guy I've ever fucked without a condom.

I also won't stand here and beg you to give me a chance. I don't need anything from you. You are replaceable, Seokjin. So, if you think I care about you and can't live without you, keep dreaming. You should be happy you got married to someone like me." Taehyung was angry, and it was evident to Jin.

While Jin was taking in words spoken by Taehyung, he placed his palm on his stomach and took a few deep breaths. It would not have been beneficial for him to react to Taehyung. He was aware from early on that nothing he said would be taken seriously by Taehyung.

He had already spoken all that he could get up the nerve to say, and he had no intention of saying anything further. Also, he recalled his mother's last words to him before she left, realizing that despite the circumstances, he was obligated to do all in his power to make his marriage work. He agreed to this, and Taehyung was correct; he had never guaranteed commitment to him in the first place.

"If it's okay, I will go to bed," Jin said as he took his time and stood up.

"In the middle of us talking, you are going to bed? Are you sleeping in my room?"

Jin gave him a serious look before saying, "I don't believe it's appropriate for us to sleep in the same room together until you are very positive about committing to our marriage.

Regardless of how you choose to interpret the present situation. We are married. I am pregnant. You are deceitful. At the very least, that is how a judge would look at it, but because I am easily replaceable and uneducated, it's possible that I only know a little.

"Hold the fuck up. Are you thinking of seeing a judge? Seokjin, what are your intentions? I told you I am serious about committing to our marriage. I just poured my heart out to you. I care about you. I want our marriage to work. Do you not want our marriage to work? Is that it?" Taehyung questioned and moved closer to Jin as he spoke.

Jin moved back and created more space between them. "I never said I am seeing a judge-"

"If that's the case, you shouldn't make remarks like that. Our marriage is between us. Not outsiders. I'll be the first to say that I've done some things that I shouldn't have, but I did them because of how far you pushed me away. You have not made any commitments to me. Even when I am near you, I still get feelings of isolation. I get the impression that you and the kids are spending time together in this house and that I am disturbing what you are doing anytime I am around. I want to be a part of the family that you all have.

Every day, I put up a lot of effort for us. To preserve the quality of our current life. To provide you the opportunity to look after our children while you relax at home. I put in a lot of effort to make things better for everyone, but I never get the sense that it's appreciated.

How can you want me to do better if you don't pay enough attention to me? Do you not think you should also meet me halfway? People tell me all the time how great I am. How much they love me, but you don't even call me, and you are my husband. Now, you don't want to sleep with me anymore? Why, Seokjin? Why do you dislike me?" With tears in his eyes, Taehyung asked.