Twenty-Eight

"It's expected that he will sleep through the remainder of the night and into the late morning, but it's due to the medicine, so don't worry. If he continues to itch after waking up, which I doubt given his symptoms have gotten better, please feel free to contact me."

Taehyung nodded, "thanks. I will call you if needed."

"That's great, and with that, I'll be leaving now." As the doctor grabbed her belongings and made her way toward the door, she smiled at Taehyung and offered a final goodbye.

Taehyung trailed after her to open the door for her and breathed a sigh of relief when she exited.

"I told you that he was going to be alright. As soon as you gave him the medicine, he began to show signs of improvement. You didn't have to contact the doctor, but it's best to err on the side of caution rather than regret."

Taehyung let out a furious groan as he raked his fingers through his hair and said, "Jin is going to think I did this on purpose."

Namjoon was confused as he stared at him, "what are you talking about? And Jin isn't here. You don't have to say anything about what happened. Won't it take some time for him to get out of the hospital?"

"I can't do that. I should've not allowed you to make him anything. I don't fucking get how he is always with them, and nothing ever happens to them, but one stupid night I have to be with them, and all this shit happens, and of course, it had to have happened to Jimin."

"Taehyung, if it's going to cause a big issue, tell him the truth. Tell him I gave the pancakes to Jimin without knowing he was allergic to them. It was an honest mistake."

"You don't fucking get it," Taehyung yelled and walked out of the room.

*****

Jin closed his eyes, let out a quiet exhale, and then reopened them, shifting slightly in his position on the bed while Hoseok observed.

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine." Jin flashed a smile and then raised the bed with the remote control assistance.

"You must be in a lot of pain. I am sorry you are going through this."

"It's not that bad. I am okay."

He moved his chair and positioned it at the side of Jin's bed, which gave him a closer view of Jin. "Jin, I know that we don't get to see each other very often and that you don't know me very well, but it's okay to say that you are in pain," Hoseok said to Jin. "Given the circumstances, I find it hard to believe that you aren't experiencing any discomfort right now. Seeing you as you are, fills me with dread about being a parent."

While Jin listened to Hoseok, he adjusted the bed to gaze at him without straining his neck. "Don't let my situation frighten you," he said to Hoseok. "It is not always the case that things go like this. My last pregnancy was trouble-free and went off without a problem. Having multiples of anything may, however, make things different. Also, the pain will be well worth it once they are in our world. My children are the most important being in my life. I would rather endure this little pain than face the possibility of living without them."

"That is true. Everyone's experiences may be unique because of how the world works. Can I ask you a question?" Hoseok folded his arms as he looked at Jin.

"Sure."

"When you found out that you were pregnant with Jimin, how did you feel about the situation? Especially considering the fact that Taehyung was the father and his known reputation. Did it make you uncomfortable? To tell you the truth, the question I actually want to ask is, do you give any thought to getting an abortion?"