Sixty-Six

"What do you think? Should I add anything else to it?"

"No, I think it's written well the way you have it," Jin said, shaking his head as he turned to face his son.

Especially after putting so much effort into his research paper, Jungkook grinned as he heard his appa's compliment. Although he didn't like writing papers in the past, he was inspired to take his next assignment seriously after seeing his appa's being happy when Jimin did well on his paper. Jimin was not much older than him, but he was raised with a lot of respect for his older brother, who constantly watched out for him and explained things to him in school if he didn't understand them.

"Thank you, appa. Jimin said I did a good job with it too." Jungkook shared as he sat beside his appa on the chair, enjoying a moment of relaxation on their rooftop terrace with a view of their backyard pools and hot tubs.

Jin gently drew his son closer with a warm smile, inviting Jungkook to rest his head against him. "You're welcome. How has school been? Your homeroom teacher mentioned that you've stopped eating during class, and I was happy to hear that."

"School is okay. Still, I wouldn't say I like it, but Daddy said it's okay for me not to like it, but I still need to know that it's something I need to do. He told me I wouldn't get to spend time with Uncle Yoongi on the weekends either if I didn't listen. That's why I am not eating in class anymore, but I get really hungry, appa, then my stomach hurts."

Jin gently caressed his son's shoulder, offering comfort as he attentively listened. "School isn't always enjoyable, and it's perfectly fine if there are things about it that you don't like. I also share the same opinion as your dad. Although school may not be your favorite, it remains an important aspect of your growing up process. For instance, had I not prioritized my education and made a genuine effort to give full attention to my teachers and mother, I wouldn't have been able to help you with your homework whenever you need help. The same reasoning applies to your dad - had he not dedicated himself to his studies, he wouldn't be able to offer you any help.

Going to school can often be exhausting and may sometimes seem unimportant. However, it serves an important role in expanding our knowledge and encouraging growth in ourselves by creating a sense of responsibility and accountability. You are doing a wonderful job. Your consistent ability to finish your assignments on time proves your growing sense of responsibility. Your teachers, Taehyung, and I can rely on you to be accountable for completing your assignments on time. We are really proud of you for taking the initiative and completing those tasks without any reminders." Jin leaned in and kissed his son's forehead, expressing appreciation for his committed attitude toward his schoolwork.

After sitting back up, he continued, "If you eat your breakfast instead of skipping it, you won't feel hungry before lunchtime. So, try waking up earlier and having a good meal to avoid feeling sick in your stomach during class. Why don't we give that a try? Would it be alright if I woke you up ten minutes earlier on school days? You can enjoy breakfast with your siblings."

"Thank you, appa. Waking up earlier is not going to be good for me. Can't I get my food packed and eat it in the car when Daddy is taking me to school? Uncle Yoongi also said he wouldn't mind picking me up and taking me to school, and I could eat in his car, but I didn't tell him yes because I love it when my dad takes me to school. A lot of the teachers like seeing my dad too; they said my dad is really handsome and that you are a lucky man."

Jin's eyebrow arched slightly as he listened to his son. He couldn't help but be taken aback by the boldness of these new teachers. First, it was with Jimin, and now it was with Jungkook. He let out a sigh but remained silent.

"You don't have to be sad though, appa, because when I told my dad what they said, he said I should tell them he is the lucky one. I didn't tell him this at the time, but when I think about it, I think our entire family is lucky because when I see my friend's parents or hear them talk about their parents, I am really happy that I have you and my dad as my parents and my uncle Yoongi."