Ten

"Why aren't you in my room? And why does he keep crying?"

Jin took his hand off Jimin's forehead and looked at Taehyung. "I think Jimin has a fever," he said.

"You think?" Taehyung looked at Jin and walked into the room. He bent over Jimin's crib and touched the baby's forehead. He sighs in frustration and asks, "How did he get a fever?"

"I'm not sure. I'm usually careful when I bathe him, and-"

"Get dressed; you have to take him to the hospital."

Jin nodded and said, "Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Can you please stay with him while I get ready? I'll call a cab, so they can get here when I'm done."

He was about to leave when Taehyung grabbed his arm, turned him around, and pulled him to him. "Why do you want to call a taxi?"

"To take me to the hospital."

"You think I will let you take a cab and go to the hospital by yourself?"

"Oh, I didn't know you were coming with us," Jin said as he looked down.

"Of course, you didn't; you're always looking for ways to leave the house alone."

Jin didn't understand what Taehyung meant, especially since he was going out to take Jimin to the hospital and not going anywhere by himself.

****

"Stand still in this location and do not move. I will immediately see to it that someone attends to us." After they had arrived at the hospital, Taehyung informed Jin before he walked away.

Jin held Jimin in his arms while he waited. He was concerned about Jimin since he had never seen him ill before, and he felt bad not knowing how Jimin felt because he was a baby and couldn't express anything to him. Jimin had calmed down and slept, but Jin worried about him.

He hoped it wasn't anything serious. On the way to the hospital, he spent a lot of time looking up why Jimin might have gotten a fever, but nothing alarming came up, so he hoped it was just a viral infection that would go away with the proper treatment.

"A VIP room has been set up for us, and a doctor will be there soon to check on Jimin. Come with me." Taehyung said as he came up next to Jin.

"Ah, that's good news. I didn't know a doctor who would be able to see him so quickly. It's a relief."

"I am his father."

Jin was more concerned about Jimin seeing the doctor, so he was oblivious to what Taehyung was trying to say. He followed Taehyung as they made their way to the elevator.

"Walk next to me while we are out together," Taehyung commanded Jin as he stepped close to him and placed his arm around his waist. Taehyung did not like the fact that Jin had been strolling behind him.

Even though it was difficult for Jin to walk while holding Jimin and having Taehyung next to him, he did not say anything; instead, he just nodded his head to accept Taehyung's comments.

They were joined in the elevator by a few other people who stared their way, so Taehyung shifted from standing next to Jin to standing in front of him to face each other. When Jin's eyes met Taehyung's, he quickly averted his gaze and focused on Jimin instead of looking at Taehyung. It was difficult for him to keep eye contact with Taehyung since he regarded him to be quite intimidating.

"Why aren't you showing yet?"

"Huh?" Jin looked at Taehyung, confused by his question.

"You are pregnant; how come you aren't showing yet?"