Thirty-Nine

Jin tried to ignore the stare being directed in his direction so that he could concentrate on his dinner. When he agreed to have dinner with Taehyung, all he had in mind was that they would have a discussion over dinner and that he would lend an ear to Taehyung's challenges, mainly as it related to the news of Namjoon being his brother.

However, things had progressed as they always did with Taehyung, and he had a different idea of how they should spend their evening. Jin had put a stop to it, and as a result, Taehyung was not pleased about it, and Jin knew it but chose to ignore him.

"The food here is delicious." While Taehyung was picking at his food, Jin spoke out, but Taehyung did not reply. He had no desire to consume anything. Eating was not one of the things that he had planned on doing since he had other things he wanted to do instead.

Jin put his fork down, looked at the man who would soon be his ex-husband, and sighed as he said, "Taehyung, I believe it is unfair that you asked me to have dinner with you, and although I did not have to agree to it, I did. Nonetheless, here I am, eating by myself, as you sit there across from me, looking as if the end of the world has finally arrived."

"You will not have sex with me, you are hell-bent on having a divorce, you are pregnant but have kept it a secret from me, and you are keeping our children ninety percent of the time. That is only a small portion of all I have to go through, so please forgive me if I seem to be sitting here looking as if the end of the world has finally come!" Taehyung snapped as he dropped his fork and glared at Jin.

After taking a few deep breaths and continuing to look at Taehyung, Jin arched an eyebrow and questioned, "And who is to blame for the downfall of your world, Taehyung? What's causing me to consider divorce, not sleeping with you, and not sharing my pregnancy?"

"I made a mistake, Seokjin-"

"You are incorrect; you have made several mistakes. Hence, if you want to have a quiet dinner, please do not sit there and pretend as if you had nothing to do with putting an end to all of this. Furthermore, do not act as if I am trying to keep the kids one hundred percent of the time. I am not.

As if you would have chosen some other outcome if given the chance. You are well aware that you are the one responsible for it. That is for the same reason that you would not ever take them all at once—because in your mind, I should always be at home—"

Taehyung leaned forward and clasped Jin's hand into his own before saying, "I am sorry. Let us give having a nice meal a go tonight. I do not want to make this about anything else since that is not what it should be about. You came here with me tonight to listen to my concerns, but instead of discussing them with you, I was sidetracked by my yearning for you all over again. Because of what you do to me, Seokjin, I cannot refrain from touching you anytime you are in my presence, but I will try to control myself tonight."

Jin sighed, "I am glad you can acknowledge your-"

"One small question, do you ever get horny?" Taehyung inquired as he cut Jin off mid-sentence.

As he observed the surprised expression on Jin's face, he continued by stating, "That is actually a part of my worries and among the things I want to discuss."

"Is it a concern of yours if I get horny?" Jin looked at Taehyung intently while asking for clarity. He quickly scanned the restaurant to make sure no one was watching them.

Leaning across the table, Taehyung confirmed with a nod that "it is. Over the whole of our marriage, I was the one who took the lead in terms of intimacy. As a result, I have some questions. Has there ever been a moment when you thought about me and wanted to be intimate with me?