Forty-Eight

A/N: If any errors ahead, take it up with Taejin readers. In case it's unknown, I am a Jinkook reader only, so don't include me in this. 

*****

As Jin and Taehyung made their way together, hand in hand, with their fingers intertwined, they gradually distanced themselves from the end of the boardwalk where they had enjoyed dinner. The warm glow of lamps that border the boardwalk illuminated their path, casting a romantic ambiance around them. In this tender moment, Taehyung paused and turned to Jin, his voice filled with genuine curiosity, as he asked, "How did you enjoy dinner? Was it to your liking?"

He was curious to find out whether the dinner had surpassed Jin's expectations or had been better than the one he had with Hoseok. He had invested a lot of time and effort throughout the day into planning and preparing for their first dinner date together, putting thought and attention into every detail of the evening. This was a unique experience for him, as he had never before put such deliberate effort into any activity involving another person, especially someone he cared deeply for.

Jin, who had been looking at the water and listening to the swoosh of it, turned his body to look directly into Taehyung's eyes. "I must say, tonight has been truly enjoyable. You invested a lot of time and energy into meticulously planning and organizing every part of our date.

When you invited me out, I couldn't help but feel apprehensive. I didn't have a specific or high level of expectation either. However, I thoroughly enjoyed everything, from the atmosphere to our conversation.

During our conversation, I also liked that you asked questions that were both thought-provoking and intriguing. Tonight, I saw a shift from past times in how we interacted. We've never had a talk that went quite this in-depth into your interest in learning more about me and your desire to discover new things about who I am. It made me feel as though you cared."

Taehyung was happy to hear Jin's thoughts on their date. It meant a lot to him to know that Jin not only enjoyed their date but also appreciated the effort that he had invested in planning it. It made him hopeful and ignited a desire to do similar activities with Jin, intending to foster a deeper connection to create more meaningful moments.

Feeling overwhelming joy and happiness, he couldn't contain his excitement and pulled Jin into a warm, tight embrace. As he held Jin close, in a tight hold, he leaned in and planted a loving kiss on his cheek.

Pulling away, he looked Jin in the eyes and said, "I am so happy you enjoyed tonight. I want to prioritize being present and supportive of our entire family, ensuring I am available and actively involved. I want to do more; I want us to do more. Sharing and creating meaningful moments while contributing to your happiness and well-being.

I have so many things I want to do, I had a lot of time to think things through, and I have seen where I have lacked previously-"

"It's okay, Taehyung, I see you are trying, and it makes me happy," Jin said as he tried to assure Taehyung.

"Thank you for seeing it, but I want to explain it. So you can tell me if I am thinking and doing things correctly. I don't want any more surprises with us.

I want to be active in our kids' lives, consistently being there for them. It is important that our kids see our relationship as one filled with care and love so they may look at us and admire the love we share as their parents.

I want our relationship to be different from the one my parents had. It is important that you are happy, and I am committed to avoiding any actions or behaviors that may cause you unhappiness.

I don't want to repeat the same mistakes I have made, and I am determined to prevent our children from witnessing a toxic dynamic between us. Because of this, I've decided to do whatever needs to be done going forward, and I'm fully committed to doing so. I want you to know I will do everything possible to improve things.