Sixty-Five

Jin waited patiently after knocking at a room door, awaiting a response.

"Who is it?"

"It's your Appa. Can I come in?"

There was a flurry of activity from the other side of the room, followed by the door opening to reveal Taeri, her face shining with a smile. "Hey, appa, how's it going?" She then moved out of the way, clutching a cord in her hand to allow her appa to enter the room.

Jin greeted her warmly, taking his time as he entered her room, carefully watching his step. The tidiness of her room suddenly surprised him.

Even though Taeri was his daughter, he consciously tried to avoid entering her room, trusting that task to Taehyung instead to prevent triggering a panic attack.

"I took up all the traps, appa; it's safe to walk around; nothing is going to get you."

Jin offered a subtle smile and shifted his gaze towards her. "That's good," he replied while carefully surveying his surroundings. He approached her window seat and carefully inspected the seating area before finally settling down.

As Taeri watched him, she chuckled, "You should have faith in me, appa. There are no traps around. Currently, my door handle may give off a slight electric shock if touched. But this should not be a problem for you, as you always knock and patiently wait for me to open the door before entering."

Jin gazed at his daughter, his expression filled with shock. "Taeri-"

"Just so you know, my dad tested out my electric shock system and approved it, so there is no need for any lectures here. Even my brothers are aware of this, which stops them from attempting to enter my room. It's my personal alarm system, much like the one our house is equipped with. The only difference is, my system ensures that no intruders can enter."

"Taehyung approved of this?"

"I call him my dad, but yes, he did."

Jin sighed, "I will have a conversation with him about this. I strongly disapprove of the mere existence of a door handle with such capabilities. That seems very unsafe to me. What if one of your younger siblings gets hurt?"

"My dad has given his approval, so I believe it's unlikely to be taken away. If they get hurt, they certainly know the consequences of their actions. It's similar to when you warned me about the stove, and I ignored what you said. But I quickly learned my lesson after burning my finger. They will also learn from their experience after going through the shock." Taeri responded with a smile. "Why did you visit my room today, appa?"

Witnessing the joy on her face as she boldly expressed her thoughts, Jin couldn't help but feel irritated, sensing that Taeri was deliberately provoking him.

"I came here to discuss a rule book you are creating for your sisters, but before we go into that, let me say this, Kim Taeri, do not keep provoking me. If you fail to demonstrate responsibility in maintaining your room, you will be moved to share a room with Jiwoo and Jihun again.

Also, reconsider the way you speak when speaking to me! I expect to be treated with respect in our conversations, as I do when talking to you, and it's only fair for you to do the same. Due to your attitude, your weekend with your uncle Yoongi and Han has been canceled. That door handle will be replaced and changed today!" Jin declared firmly.

Tears filled Taeri's eyes, and she immediately began crying. "I am sorry, appa. Please don't take my trip with my uncles away. I didn't do anything wrong. My dad said I could have my door handle. Make him get in trouble, but not me, please. I am responsible for my room, it's clean, do your eyes not see that?