Fifty-Four

"Why have you been here for so long?" Taehyung questioned as he suddenly appeared in Jin's closet, where Jin had been for quite a while.

Jin, absorbed in his thoughts for quite some time, turned to Taehyung and moaned, "I don't know what to wear tomorrow. These are all my options."

Taehyung approached Jin, stepping closer to him. Standing side by side, he surveyed the various options on the hanging racks. "So these are the options, huh?"

"Yes. What do you think of the idea if I wear the green suit with a white shirt? I was thinking maybe it would look good."

After taking a look at Jin, Taehyung questioned, "Are these the only suits you own?"

Jin nodded, "Yes."

"You spend most of your weekends with Hoseok shopping at the mall. What are you doing there, watching other people do their thing?" Taehyung found himself perplexed as he observed Jin's meager selection of suits at his disposal.

With a subtle roll of his eyes, Jin retorted, "More often than not, when we go to the mall, I find myself browsing the stores for things for the kids. On other occasions, however, while we are in the mall, we do not go shopping, but we go to our favorite restaurant, which is one that Hoseok and Jimin like to eat at Jungkook, too also likes the banana milkshakes they make-"

"Alright, that's enough. This is unacceptable. Let's go." As Taehyung uttered those words, he started his departure from the closet.

"Go where?"

"I'm gonna take you shopping. I'd be happy to have you wear one of my suits, but I think it would be more enjoyable for us to go shopping together. Perhaps I'll have the chance to witness firsthand the reasons behind your and Hoseok's attraction for that particular mall."

*****

"Taehyung, these look expensive." Jin's voice was barely audible as he leaned in, gently brushing his fingers against the suit's fabric. He quickly noticed the remarkable quality of the item, which was evident in its smooth texture and impeccable craftsmanship. As he scanned the garment with his eyes, he couldn't help but notice the absence of a price tag. This confirmed to him that the suit was way above any price he would be willing to pay. "Let's go back to the first store."

In the cozy ambiance of the store, Taehyung's strong arms enveloped Jin's slender waist, creating a sense of security and intimacy. With his chin nestled on Jin's shoulder, he attentively absorbed every word as Jin expressed his dissatisfaction with the suits on display.

"I will have them provide us with a dressing room so you can try it on. I like it." After his lips brushed against Jin's, he motioned for their devoted sales associate to step forward.

Jin turned to look at Taehyung, "Taehyung, I am only going to wear it once-" He was rendered speechless by a passionate kiss from Taehyung. The gentle pressure of Taehyung's hand on his waist drew him closer, their bodies pressed together in an intimate embrace. "I want to see you try it on," Taehyung murmured as he stepped back and gazed into Jin's eyes.

Jin's cheeks took on a rosy hue, a clear sign of his embarrassment, as he noticed the curious gazes of onlookers directed towards them. It made him quickly nod his head in agreement, eager to go and try on the suit.

As they strolled through the mall, Taehyung's consistent behavior remained unchanged. Whether they were browsing stores or exploring different areas, Taehyung's natural inclination for public displays of affection persisted. However, despite their frequency, Jin struggled to get used to the extent of Taehyung's affectionate gestures.

Taehyung sported a grin on his face as he enveloped Jin's waist with his arm, leading the way as they trailed behind the sales associate.

As they waited patiently outside the door to the room, the conscientious sales associate delicately arranged the suit, taking care to place it neatly beside five other fine alternatives that Taehyung had conscientiously selected for Jin's consideration.