Sixty-Three

Two years later

****

While Taehyung considered himself skilled in many areas, planning a birthday celebration was not one of them. Nevertheless, he had decided to give his best effort, as his husband deserved nothing less than the best. In the past, he felt that he hadn't put in as much effort as he should have when celebrating Seokjin's birthday. He wanted to change that, even though his husband never demanded it. Seokjin's main priority has always been the kids' birthdays and his.

He had no intention of doing something elaborate because he knew his husband well. He understood that Jin preferred simplicity and did not want anything extravagant. A cake and his family singing him a happy birthday was enough for him. Taehyung was aware of this and intended to integrate it into his plans. However, he aimed to elevate things to a higher level this year, given his husband was turning thirty.

Although it wasn't his initial preference, he sought the assistance of Hoseok, who possessed the unfortunate talent of organizing and coordinating fancy events. Taehyung had initially planned to hire a team to execute his ideas for his husband's birthday. However, he was unaware that his eldest son was listening to his plans. Jimin then decided to share the plans with Hoseok, who offered his services, but Taehyung immediately declined. However, when Hoseok gained Jimin's support, the situation changed for Taehyung. He found himself with no other option but to accept Hoseok's offer.

Taehyung attempted to reflect on the past, trying to understand how he and Jin had raised Jimin in a way that led to his bratty behavior. Jimin always seemed to effortlessly get his way, leaving Taehyung perplexed and unable to comprehend how he managed to do so. He was also guilty of always giving in to Jimin's demands, and regardless of his attempts to change this behavior, he was never successful. As a result, he began to establish firm boundaries with his younger children. He made a conscious effort to prevent them from developing the belief that they could always get everything they wanted.

Seokjin had expressed to him that the world can present challenges, and he didn't want their children to grow up believing they could get everything they desired, as it creates a negative mindset. Taehyung had doubts about his approach, as he believed that his children could achieve anything they wanted. He didn't view this mindset as entirely negative, as he wanted to instill in them the determination to never give up on what they wanted. However, following a lecture and a reflection on his past, where he came close to losing his wonderful family, he gained a clear understanding of his husband's perspective without feeling the need to argue against it. Now, he had focused on putting into practice, not giving in to everything they asked for.

"Dad, can I have my candy?" Taeri surprised Taehyung by asking from behind him.

Taehyung briefly paused, organizing his husband's breakfast to focus on his daughter. He smiled and looked in her direction, saying, "Good morning, princess! You look beautiful! Who helped you choose your outfit?"

Taeri shook her head and gently rubbed her palms against her dress, saying, "No, my appa did. May I have my candy, please?"

Taehyung couldn't help but smile even more as he looked at his daughter. He found everything she did adorable. He couldn't understand how he and Jin were so fortunate to have a daughter as precious as Taeri.

"I don't think you can have candy this early. I am nearly finished preparing breakfast for your appa's birthday. Once I am finished, we will all eat together. After that, you can have your candy."

Taeri's lips immediately formed a pout. Taehyung sighed, saying, "Just one candy."

"Thank you, dad." Taeri smiled and rushed to her dad, hugging him.