Fifty-Nine

A/N: I tried!

*****

Jin attempted to free himself from Taehyung's embrace while lying in bed together. He had woken up earlier than Taehyung and was trying to avoid disturbing his sleep. Since their trip had ended, he wanted to begin packing for their return home.

Although he had a great time with his classmates and Taehyung, he couldn't help but miss his kids tremendously. By the third night, he had become emotional, and if it hadn't been for Taehyung, he would have gone back home. The experience had been challenging for him. He was surprised by how much he missed his kids; it felt as though a part of him was missing without being able to spend time with them.

He promised himself that although he would continue to enjoy taking trips, he would never again leave his kids for an extended period. He would only agree to take a long trip if they accompanied him.

"Where are you trying to run off to?" Taehyung, his voice still raspy from sleep, asked Jin while holding onto him tightly, clearly reluctant to let him leave the bed.

"We leave today, and our things aren't packed. I want to get that done."

Taehyung adjusted his position on the bed, gently rolling onto Jin. He supported himself with his hands to distribute his weight, saying, "I'll handle the packing. How about we stay in bed a bit longer?" Leaning in, he gently kissed Jin's lips and whispered, "This is our last morning together without interruptions. After we return, I will have to travel for two weeks, and I must admit, I am not looking forward to it. I want to take full advantage of the time we have together. Let's sleep in a bit longer, please?"

Jin looked up at Taehyung, his expression silently conveying agreement. Taehyung's face lit up with a smile in response. He rolled back onto the bed, drawing Jin closer to him in a warm embrace. He nestled his face against Jin's chest, showering him with affectionate kisses. Eventually, Taehyung relaxed and drifted back into a peaceful slumber. Soon after, Jin quickly fell asleep. The two of them peacefully slept through the rest of the morning without being disturbed, just as Taehyung wanted.

Five hours later, Jin woke up and was shocked to discover the time. Even more surprising was the fact that he found himself alone in bed. Frantically, he leaped out of bed and started searching the room for Taehyung, who was nowhere to be found. They had their flight in an hour, and he noticed that none of their luggage had been packed, which worried him. He was determined not to miss their flight. He knew their children were looking forward to seeing them, and he was just as excited.

After recalling the location of his phone, he lowered himself onto his hands and knees. He extended his arm and carefully reached beneath the night table, where his phone had slipped during the previous night. The phone had been knocked out of his grasp when things between him and Taehyung unexpectedly intensified upon returning to the room the night prior.

He felt relieved when he retrieved his phone from under the night table. It was intact and still had some battery life remaining. He started dialing Taehyung's number but stopped when something on the desk in their room caught his attention. He received an envelope with his name on it. As he walked towards it, he picked it up, and his nerves heightened when he noticed that his name was written in Taehyung's handwriting.

With a gulp, he set his phone aside. His hands trembled as he carefully tore open the envelope. Nervously, he reached inside and pulled out its contents. Upon laying eyes on the baby picture of Jimin, he immediately recognized it as Jimin despite never having seen it before. The distinct features were a dead giveaway. Tears welled in his eyes as he gazed upon the picture of Jimin as a newborn for the first time.