Twelve

"The baby is in good health and is doing well. How are you doing right now?" The physician questioned after Jin's examination had been completed.

"Before you start questioning him, could you give him a moment to straighten his clothes? Seokjin, you need to pull your shirt down." Taehyung, standing next to the examining bed, provided input.

The doctor answered while glancing in Taehyung's way and said, "Of course, Seokjin, I would ask that you make yourself as comfortable as possible."

Taehyung assisted Jin in sitting up, and after taking a long breath, Jin got to his feet. Because he could still feel residues of the gel on his stomach, he was going to ask for wipes to clean it up, but Taehyung pulled his shirt down for him before he could ask.

"Let the doctor know how you are doing so we can wrap this up. I have a meeting I have to get back to."

"I am doing fine," Jin responded immediately.

"Are you sure? Not tired or any issues I should be aware of?"

"I am very tired, but I read it can be common."

The doctor nodded, saying, "It's crucial that you get a proper amount of rest. When you're pregnant, your body goes through many changes in a short time. I would suggest you consume a lot of water and advise ensuring that you eat properly and at the appropriate times. You have shed five pounds since our previous appointment. Considering the weight you are at this point in your pregnancy; I do not suggest that you lose any more weight."

As the doctor continued to speak, Jin kept his eyes cast downward. He knew he had lowered his weight since he was trying to have a healthy balance and avoid gaining excessive weight while pregnant.

"I will see to it that he eats on time and consumes nutritious food. Is there anything else?" While Taehyung was talking, Jin felt his arm wrapped around his waist, and Taehyung drew him in closer.

"No, I believe we are good for today. Seokjin, are you good?"

"I am. Thank you!" Jin smiled to let the doctor know he was fine.

"That makes me very happy to hear; I hope you and Taehyung have a wonderful remainder of the day. I look forward to seeing you at the next appointment."

****

"Are you not eating during the day?" Taehyung inquired as he drove away from the doctor's office.

"I do."

"Then how did you wind up being able to lose weight? Do you believe that is safe for you to be doing while you are pregnant?"

Jin said, "I don't know," since he didn't know what more to say because he didn't understand the guy he was married to.

Taehyung took one of his hands off the wheel and moved it to Jin's leg. He then talked while applying pressure on Jin's thigh and said, "Since you don't know, I will have my assistant get in touch with you. Collaborate with her to develop a daily meal plan. I expect you to consume three meals daily and at least three nutritious snacks in the pauses between meals."

Jin sighed.

"Why are you sighing?"

Is it necessary for me to collaborate with your assistant on the foods I eat? Throughout the day, I will eat. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to handle it on my own. While pregnant, it can be difficult to find foods I love eating, especially at home. My preferences have evolved quite a bit."

"Aren't you the one who places the order for groceries? If so, why don't you get what you like eating?"

Jin had yet to learn how to describe his cravings to Taehyung, and he didn't believe Taehyung would be capable of comprehending them. He did not answer Taehyung but instead gazed out the window at the buildings they were passing while driving.