Thirty-Eight

A/N: While there is no smut in this chapter, due to the contents, it still might not be safe to read during Ramadan.

*****

"Hi, how are you doing? It's so nice to see you again." The hostess greeted Jin as she stared at him.

Jin returned her smile and said, "I am doing well; how about you-"

"I am Taehyung, Seokjin's husband, and I am also doing well, but I will be doing much better once we are sitting at a table and not standing here," Taehyung's tone conveyed his displeasure; he whispered something too inaudible to Jin as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Taehyung. Just wait a minute, and we will get you situated." The hostess smiled sweetly and respectfully as she conveyed her response.

Jin smiled at her in appreciation before making an attempt to turn and free himself from Taehyung's embrace. But he could not do so, prompting him to sigh, frustrated.

"Taehyung-"

"How is it that she recognizes you?" Taehyung whispered to him in his ear.

"I came here before."

"Why?"

"To eat, why else?"

"I never brought you here before, Seokjin."

"I never said I came here with you, Taehyung."

Taehyung twisted Jin around so that he was facing him, and as he brought their bodies closer together, he pressed his hands into Jin's back and asked, "Who did you come here with?"

Jin stared at him and unconsciously rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. Who did you come here with?"

"Since you said you were interested in talking, I thought having dinner with you would be a good idea. This is not the conversation we would be having."

"I was not expecting my husband to recommend that we eat at a place he had visited with someone other than me. Tell me, Seokjin, who were you with when you came here? Because trust me, I will have them bring me to their CCTV room, and someone will have a busy night showing me the times you have been here and who you came with, and when I find out who-"

"I came here with Hoseok. Now you know who, what are you going to do, Taehyung? Harass your brother's boyfriend?"

At a moment that could only be described as awkward, the hostess finally broke the tension between them by telling them their table was ready.

When Taehyung and Jin followed the waitress who had been assigned to them, Taehyung moved Jin to his side and wrapped his arm around Jin's waist as they walked.

Jin shook his head but didn't say anything.

Their table was set up as part of a booth, which Jin loved and had hoped for. He found the seat to be comfortable, and it provided decent support for his back. As he moved away from Taehyung to sit on the other side of the booth, Taehyung tugged toward the opposite side and instructed him to sit down.

He sat down as he did not care which side he sat on, but to his surprise, just as he slipped into the seat, Taehyung got in next to him. That forced him to turn around and look at his husband, and he questioned, "you are sitting here?"

"Yeah, I would much rather sit here than directly across from you. What do you think, Seokjin? Is there an issue with that?"

"No, you are free to sit anywhere you choose since this will most likely be the last dinner we have together before our divorce is formalized."