Twenty-Six

Jin awoke as he became aware of movement in the room. He groaned as he realized it had not been that long since he had fallen asleep owing to his schoolwork. However, since Taehyung was awake and moving around, it caused him to wake up. Because Taehyung had to get up for work at unusually early hours occasionally, he found it more comfortable to sleep by himself.

"Are you awake?"

When Jin heard Taehyung's question, he sighed and shifted the cover so that he could look at him, but he did not respond.

Taehyung made his way to the bed and stood beside it, staring directly at Jin. "I am traveling today and will not be back until the beginning of next week. I hope you'll come to your senses while I'm gone and stop being stubborn about not wearing your ring."

"Okay."

"Now you are back to saying just okay?"

Jin sighed as he stared at his husband, "Taehyung, I am tired."

"And I am telling you I am traveling and will be gone for more than a week."

"I heard you, Taehyung. Have a safe trip." Jin turned on his side as he closed his eyes.

The muscles in Taehyung's jaw tightened, and he looked at the clock before he asked, "Seokjin, how long should I expect you to keep this attitude?"

"Taehyung, I am tired; I don't have an attitude."

"That's because you chose school over getting rest last night."

"Please don't talk as if you care about me getting rest," Jin said as he felt annoyed by Taehyung's words.

"What?"

Jin spoke as he turned to look at Taehyung and said, "if I came to bed at the same time you did, I wouldn't have gotten any rest."

"You certainly would have! Stop acting as if you did not put a stop to us having sex, just like you stopped wearing your ring. If you took your ass to bed, nothing would've happened. So don't talk as if I would've kept you awake. You are merely attempting to come up with an excuse to say anything at this point!" Taehyung yelled.

Jin closed his eyes; he didn't have the energy to go back and forth with Taehyung. "Have a safe trip, Taehyung. Let's talk later, please."

"Are you going to answer when I call?"

"Yes."

"Make sure. Also, if you are tired, call the sitter we had last night, and have her help with the kids. I am fine with her being here."

"I am fine. I can take care of the kids."

"I guess I am the only one you can't take care of."

"You are not a child, Taehyung."

"No, but I am your husband."

"Did you consider that while you were cheating?" Jin opened his eyes and looked at him.

Taehyung walked away from the bed and mumbled, "I am leaving. We will talk later."

Jin was not surprised, but he was grateful.

*****

"Appa, my shoes."

Jin took a brief pause from tending to Jungkook to gaze at Jimin and ask, "what's wrong with your shoes?" He asked, but immediately after saw that his son was wearing two separate pairs of shoes.

"Help me, please," Jimin said as he pointed to his feet.

Jin smiled, "I will after I am done getting your brother dressed."