Forty-Five

"Your parents might make you believe you are important, but you are not. I don't work for you-"

"Cheese." Yoongi was in the middle of speaking when Jungkook cut him off with a gesture of his hand.

"You want cheese with your egg?"

"Yes, pees."

Yoongi continued to gaze at Jungkook as he headed to Taehyung's refrigerator for the cheese to add to the scrambled eggs. But he remained silent as he made his way to the refrigerator. While searching through it, he caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of his eye, which caused him to have a moment of near-panic. He took a few steps back before realizing it was Jimin.

He watched as Jimin climbed onto the stool next to where Jungkook sat and kissed his cheek. "Good morning, Kookie."

"Jimin!" Jungkook smiled, looking at his brother.

"Yall kind of cute, but still a no for me," Yoongi commented as he observed them.

Soon after, he made eye contact with Jimin, who turned his head toward him and said, "Do you make breakfast for Kookie?"

"Why? Do you want to have breakfast as well?" Yoongi inquired with a tone suggesting he was nearly aware of the answer, but he was not prepared to become a kitchen worker for kids.

"No. My Dad will do it."

"That's good for you and your dad," Yoongi said as he rolled his eyes.

"Egg pees." While looking at Yoongi, Jungkook tapped his hand on the counter as he became impatient.

"Kookie wants his egg, please."

"Yall are two little-"

"Prince," Jimin said with a smile. "I am going to call my Appa."

The corners of Yoongi's eyes bulged as he said, "Indeed, you are a prince. A prince with very striking good looks."

"Kookie too?"

"Yes, of course, each one of you. Those who are absent, those who have not yet been born, all of you."

"Who is absent?" Jimin became curious about Yoongi's words.

"Egg, pees!" Jungkook yelled.

"Sorry, Kookie." Jimin said as he looked at his younger brother, then he looked at Yoongi, "Make Kookie's egg, please. Thank you. I call my Appa."

"You are a little dev-"

"Good morning; how are my banana king and cookie prince doing today?" Those words came from Taehyung, accompanied by Jaesuk, who he was bottle-feeding.

"Daddy!" Jimin yelled happily as he ran to greet Taehyung.

"Egg, pees," Jungkook mumbled with a pout as he pushed a bottle off the counter.

"I am making your egg!" Yoongi yelled as he walked around to the other side of the counter and picked up the bottle Jungkook dropped, "don't push stuff onto the floor either!"

"Kookie is hungry, but he does not give Kookie food." Jimin expressed to his Dad as he pointed to Yoongi.

Taehyung ruffled Jimin's hair, "he is doing it now. Kookie will eat soon. How about you? Did you eat?"

"No. You didn't make my breakfast."

"Mae was supposed to make you breakfast."

"No. Please make it. My Appa-"

"I will make it. I have to finish feeding your brother. Like you, he doesn't want Mae to feed him." Taehyung said as he sighed.

"Why not?" Jimin inquired.