Sixteen

It was a difficult day for Seokjin; he tried to remind himself that he was pregnant and Jimin required his care, so it wasn't right for him to be selfish; however, for the first time since living with Taehyung, he felt deeply hurt. It broke his heart to think that he wouldn't be able to go to school any longer after putting in so much effort to maintain a healthy balance between all the things that were expected of him.

He had spent the better part of the night trying to convince Taehyung to change his mind, but his husband paid little regard to what he had to say and departed in the middle of the night without saying anything.

Even though he had texted him asking if they could speak about it, he had not gotten a response, resulting in a restless night of sleep. He was at a loss for what further action to take.

Taehyung had reminded him that he had committed not to attend school and that it was because he was thoughtful that he had reevaluated the conditions of the agreement, but he no longer viewed it as helpful for him to go. Jin doubted that Taheyung realized how important his education was to him. It was not his initial choice to abstain from education but rather a result of the circumstances he found himself in.

The only play in his life when he had ever felt equal was at school. He thrived there and was not mocked for it. It was the only time he felt his mother was proud of him due to his high grades and always being at the top of his class.

It was difficult for him to convey it to Taehyung since he recognized that it wasn't important to Taehyung and that they came from different backgrounds. However, he still wanted to attempt to explain it to him, hoping he would understand and reconsider his misunderstanding.

Since Jin would never consider cheating on Taehyung, he was perplexed as to why Taehyung would ever consider the possibility that he would. They had tied the knot, and he was well aware that it would be inappropriate for him to pursue an affair with another man while they were married.

He was aware that after he got married, he would have no other options available to him, and even though he and Taehyung were unable to divorce, even if it were the case where they could, he would not date anyone else. Since he would spend his life the same way that his mother did, once his father died, she did not remarry and did not date again since she considered it disrespectful to do so.

He made an effort to phone Taehyung, which he did not do very frequently since he was aware that his husband had a hectic work life and did not want to be a nuisance to him. His duties as Taehyung's spouse had been laid out for him from the beginning, and he made every effort to fulfill them without trouble.

Because Taehyung had not replied to his message, he began to have doubts that he would answer the phone when it began to ring. He was ready to hang up when someone picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

He removed the phone from his ears and peered at it to make sure he had called the correct number as he recognized that the voice on the other end of the line was not Taehyung's. He repositioned the phone to his ear as the person on the other end of the line repeated their greeting once he understood that he had called the correct number.

"Umm, hi; I was calling to talk with Taehyung."

"Hey Seokjin, Taehyung is busy right now. I will tell him you called."

Jin needed clarification on who the person was and how they knew his name. "It's okay, thank you."

"Wait, don't hang up. I am Min Yoongi; you must know me, right?"

Because Jin had never heard the person's name before, he had no idea who it was. "I am sorry, but I am unfamiliar with your existence."

"Wow, are you serious? Don't you know me? I am your husband's best friend in life. What, Taehyung hasn't told you about me?"