Eight

A/N: Stream & enjoy 'The Astronaut' Seokjin worked really hard to share with us something amazing! Hope you have been enjoying it well 💜

**********

"Do you like it?"

While Seokjin was chewing, he flashed his mother a warm grin and respectfully nodded his head in acknowledgment. After eating, he used the opportunity to express his gratitude to her by saying, "it's incredible; I love it."

Jung-Nan was happy with her son's response. She had tried to get a cake she knew he would enjoy. "I am glad you like it. Are you and Taehyung doing anything for your birthday?"

Jin smiled and nodded, "I will always like whatever you get for me, and yes, we are."

He didn't enjoy deceiving his mother, but he didn't want her to be concerned about things that weren't important. He never brought up his birthday in conversation with Taehyung, and he didn't make a big deal out of celebrating it in any way. On the other hand, he was aware that his mother held a different opinion and chose not to discuss it.

His response made his mother happy, "oh, that's amazing. I am so happy you and he are getting along. I was really worried about that."

"There is no reason to worry, mom. We are fine. We get along well, and Jimin keeps us busy."

"Has he been helping you with Jimin?"

"As you know, mom, he has a lot on his plate. Work, travel, and late hours at the office can make it challenging at times, but when he is home, he does his best to spend time with his family. So that I don't have to be bothered with going out, especially since I am still getting used to this side of town, he takes Jimin to the doctor and takes care of everything else that needs to be done outside the house."

Jung-Nan experienced a sense of relief and exclaimed, "that makes me pleased to hear. I know this wasn't easy for you, and it probably still isn't for you to raise a child who isn't yours, but you have my utmost respect and admiration. How you care for Jimin makes it impossible for anyone to guess that you are not his biological parent. I do not doubt that Jimin will come to love you and be thankful that he was blessed to have you in his life."

"I sincerely hope this is the case since he makes every part of my day better and is growing so fast. I feel like every minute I blink, he grows. This coming weekend, I will need to go shopping for him. Many of his clothes are becoming too small for him, but I can't help but feel elated as I see him grow. I can't contain my excitement when he starts walking and talking." As Jin discussed Jimin, he beamed with happiness from ear to ear. Jimin was everything to him and much more to him than that.

Over the past month, he had a lot of trouble when Taehyung was home because Taehyung always made him sleep in his room. He didn't mind because he felt most comfortable sleeping beside Taehyung, who held him close while they slept. However, because Taehyung wouldn't let him move Jimin's crib into the room, he never felt like he was whole because his mind always went to Jimin. He would sometimes sneak out of Taehyung's room to make sure Jimin was okay. He knew that Jimin could sleep on his own, but it made him feel better to be in the same room.

"I am sure it will be, and that's how you grew up so fast I never expected it. I sometimes wish I could have moments to redo it with you again. The last time I was here, I didn't get to ask about this, but has Taehyung said anything to you about returning to school?"

"Yes! Oh no, I forgot to tell you. I'll be able to start next semester. Which is great because Jimin will be a little older, and I think I'll know a lot more than I do now, but he said I could."

"Oh, Seokjin, that's good. I have been concerned about that."

"You and me both, but things turned out okay." Jin beamed with a contented smile.