A bump in the road

Atlas didn't sleep at all last night...

How could she?

Her beautiful, smart, caring, and loving wife doesn't trust me.

"Atlas I'm going to the car," Gal calls from the bathroom.

Atlas looks at Gal as she walks out of the bathroom and looks at me with a disappointed expression. "Take your time." She smiles as she walks out of our bedroom.

Atlas sighs as she pulls on my sneakers and walks into the bathroom. She quickly brushes her teeth and pulls her hair up into a bun. She shrugs as she looks at her appearance. "I look like shit." She mumbles as she turns the bathroom lights off and walks out of the bathroom. She grabs her phone and wallet as she walks out of the bedroom and down stairs.

Atlas smiles as she sees her mother with Jordan in her arms.

"I've got her," Lana smiles at Gal. "Spend the day together."

"I'm ready." Atlas says as she kisses Jordan's cheek.

"I'm not gonna say what I want to say because I know you already know." Lana looks at Atlas. "Now give me a kiss."

Atlas smiles wearily as she hugs and kisses her mothers cheek. "Te amo."

Gal kisses Jordan's cheek. She grabs my hand and we both walk out of the house.

Atlas sighs as she sits in the passenger seat and Gal climbs into the driver's seat. "Are you still mad at me?" She asks as Gal turns her car on.

"I'm upset, not mad." Gal says as she pulls out of our driveway. "I know how stubborn you are." She glances at me. "And I know the past few months have been crazy. What upsets me is that you didn't come to me with the problems you were having. I could've helped you." She sniffs. "I know losing your dad and then getting into your accident has done a great deal on your mental health. And don't lie to me," She points at me. "I know you aren't okay." She sniffs. "I know you have nightmares and you blow them off as nothing and I know you've been throwing yourself into work to try and cope, but that's not going to work."

Atlas sighs as she rubs her temples. "I'm sorry." She sniffs. "I..."

"Hey," Gal lays a hand on my thigh. "I know." She smiles. "I figured after we get your foot looked at we could go do some of your favorite things." She smiles. "And maybe talk about starting therapy?" She glances at Atlas.

"Sounds perfect." Atlas smiles. "Thank you for being so... perfect."

Gal smiles as she grabs Atlas' hand and kisses it. "I love you, so I'm going to do whatever I can to help you."

"I'm lucky I have you." Atlas sighs as she looks out the window.

Gal squeezes Atlas' hand as they pull into the doctor's office. "Okay," She parks and turns to Atlas. "I don't want to expect the worst, but I feel like we should." She sighs. "I want to be honest with you." She shrugs.

"You're right." Atlas nods. "I know my foot is broken." She shrugs. "I kind of accepted it a while ago."

Gal sighs as Atlas climbs out of the car. She gets out of the car and smiles as she sees Atlas is waiting for her with her hand stretched out to her. "You're so sweet." She gushes as she pecks Atlas' cheek.

Atlas smiles as she looks down at Gal. "I think we should go on a vacation..." She holds the door for Gal as they walk into the doctor's office.

"Where would you like to go?" Gal asks as they walk up to the receptionist. "Atlas Ramirez." She smiles.

"Thank you," Atlas smiles as she takes the clipboard from the receptionist. "Cambridge." She looks at Gal as they sit. "I think we should take a walk down memory lane with our little one by our side." She smiles. "Still have my apartment too."