𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲

❥•°❀°•༢

"We should go to the mall this weekend," Skylar said walking to her car. I nod "we should but remember I have a job now."

She groans "you work like a dog" I shake my head "you are exaggerating right there all I do is serve coffee" I laugh.

She laughs along with me "yea I am" she opens her car door "you sure you don't want me to give you a ride there?"

I shake my head adjusting my book bag "I need to walk anyway" I smile backing away as she pulls out of the school parking lot.

I begin to make my way to the bus so I can go to the cafe. And to be honest, Polo has been acting weird.

I don't know if it was the cause of my confronting him or something else. But he hasn't been present often. Physically and emotionally.

The last couple of days Polo's been dry like he is drained. Today is the real day I start doing work. There's no guidance. Just me by myself.

I'm doing my job by myself without any help from Polo. Well for the last couple of days, he hasn't because he wasn't there emotionally.

I mean I didn't do anything everything I said was just a joke except for some parts. So there shouldn't be anything that he is upset at.

I walk into the cafe to see Polo staring at his phone "hi" I say going behind the counter. "Hi," he says I place my things in the back.

I grab my apron put it on and go back to the front "you doing ok?" he nods. "You know what I said was a joke right?"

He turns to me "yes I know Ari. You've been saying it ever since Tuesday" I back away. "Alright just checking" I tie up my apron.

Under his eyes are heavy bags like he hasn't slept in years. His eyes are red as the color red. Is he stressed about something?

Customers begin to walk in Polo is on the register and I'm in charge of giving the customers their orders.

I watch as more and more customers come in "why are there so many customers today?" I say shaking my head. "Because it's Wednesday"

My brows furrow "and that makes people come in?" I ask. "People are more stressed on work days so they come to grab a coffee."

I nod "now that makes sense" I grab a cup fill it up with coffee and pass it to the woman. The next customer comes up.

Polo begins to take the man's order my eyes go down to Polo's fingers tapping against the counter continuously.

Again is he stressed about something?

I look away not wanting to get involved and begin getting stuff together. I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket.

I reach for it reading the notification "there's no phone while your working" Polo states and I put my phone away turning to him.

"Are you ok?" I ask and he nods "I am fine what about you?" I shake my head. "You can't check on me when I'm checking on you."

He laughs "I answered your question and now I want to know how you're doing... Well, I don't want to know I'm just being nice."