𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬

❥•°❀°•༢

Taking a puff of the blunt before blowing the smoke, I take a deep breath "Bro this is Mother's car! I told you we can't smoke in here" Haden waves his hand around to get the smoke out of the car.

"Oh my bad bro" I put out the blunt. Michael laughs reaching for the blunt "Bro everything is going to be cool all we need is some air fresheners" He lights up the blunt "We could get arrested" he warns and I roll the windows down.

"Not if there's no weed smell" Michael chuckles taking a puff "I swear to go-" I cut him off "Dude calm down you are acting like a girl" We both laugh and I turn on the radio. Music fills the car and I rap along. Michael joins in, and soon we're driving with the wind in our hair and music in our ears.

"Y'all can just smoke at the fucking carnival" We laugh and Michael turns up the music. I lean back in my seat and close my eyes.

There's not one year when we don't go to the carnival every October. It's Halloween and we have fun or sex anywhere. This is the only party I like coming to because it's wide and nobody is squeezed together.

We always end up in the same spot - the middle of the park. We just sit around and laugh the night away. I can't think of another place I'd rather be.

We often forget the time when we're together, but it's always the best time of the day. It's a special place that connects us and reminds us how much we mean to each other. No matter how far apart life takes us, we always make sure to meet in the middle of the park.

Haden parks the car a few blocks away from the carnival because everywhere else is crowded. We navigate the crowd and play different games. "Who y'all picking tonight to have sex with?" Michael asked, looking at the freshmen.

I shake my head "They are too young for you bro just stop" I say. "Age ain't nothing but a number" Michael states adjusting his shirt. Michael has always been the perverted one out of the group"It's wrong," I reply. "Come on, you know better." He stares at me, then looks away. "Whatever," he mumbles.

"I'm thinking of Alicia," Haden says rubbing his hands together. "It's not wrong when it's love," Michael retorts. Haden holds his hand up in anticipation of Michael slapping his hand. "Love has nothing to do with it," I say before walking away.

I hear Haden and Michael touch their hands "And who are you doing?" they catch up with me "No one" I reply without turning back. They continue to chatter as I walk away, but I keep my focus on the path in front of me.

"Oh, so Ari is not in the question?" Michael asks. I turn around to him and I shake my head. "No Ari is just a friend" I clear up. Haden and Michael's exchange knowing glances and I can tell they aren't satisfied with my answer. I quickly turn back around and continue my walk, eager to get away from the situation.

I spot Adrian and walk up to him "Save me bro" We do our small handshake before the others come over. "Why do you need saving?" Adrian laughs Michael answers before I can even speak "Cause our dear friend Polo here wants to take down your sister" He slams his hand on my shoulder.

I breathe out "No I don't." Ari and I are just friends."

Adrian looks at me skeptically. "You sure? I know you like her... and she likes you" I nod, the others already walking away. "I just want to hang out with her, nothing more." We go to games to win prizes.

Michael throws the ball at the filled water bottle making it splash on the ground. "Yes!" he says smirking. A worker asks, "Which bear do you want, sir?" and he begins looking for a bear, knowing he could get the biggest bear he sees.

And he points to the big bear like I said "That will catch the ladies' eyes" The worker grabs the bear and hands it over to Michael "Thank you" he walks away. "For you" He gives the bear to one of the freshmen we saw earlier.