𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐀𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫

❥•°❀°•༢

"Oh my god! This is a perfect place to throw a party!" I throw my head up looking around the abandoned carnival. "Shit" I hiss tapping Polo's chest, and he groans as he moves away from me.

I look over the edge to see a group of teenagers. "Polo get your ass up" I hit his chest "What?" he groans covering his face from the sun "We slept here" he lifts looking around the place "shit" he hiss grabbing his pants.

"What are we about to do now?" he asks, clearly embarrassed. I laugh and say "Time to get up and make our way back home". We stand up and start walking, the sun slowly rising on the horizon.

I begin to get dressed. "We have to get you home," he says as he throws his shirt on. "No shit. I bet my mother is scared out of her mind."

After getting dressed, I check to see if the teens are there. We climb down the Ferris wheel. We walk towards the exit of the fair, hand in hand.

The cool November air wraps around us as we make our way down the path. I can't help but feel contentment as we approach my car. "Did you have fun?" he asks walking to the driver's side of the car. "Of course I did, but it wasn't worth getting my ass buried in the ground alive."

He laughed as he got into the car. "It was worth it," he said, smirking. Getting into the car, I rolled my eyes and smiled back.

He starts the engine. "Do you think those teenagers saw us?" Polo asks keeping his eyes on the road. "It doesn't matter," I reply. "The most important thing is that we got what we wanted." I grab his hand. He smiles and squeezes my hand.

We drive off, the adrenaline still rushing through our veins. As we leave the scene, we can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

Polo drives to the end of the street and turns off the engine. He looks over at me with a smirk on his face. "Let me drop you off here," I nod. "I don't want them to suspect anything." He leans over and gives me a quick peck on my lips.

I don't understand why they would care about you even if you were something."

I smile and open the door, stepping out of the car. I look back at him before closing the door, and he waves as he drives away. I begin to walk home. I know I will be shouted at soon as I step inside this house.

I'll just tell her that I was at Skylar's house with no biggie...

I open the door slowly closing it so it doesn't make any noise. I take off my shoes and tiptoed down the stairs. "Ain't no way in hell you're walking through my house like everything is normal" I freeze. "Mary calm down. You're about to wake Adrian and Harper" Robert says coming up behind her.

I turn around prepared for what she is about to say. She sticks her hand up shooing away Robert "Robert, please. This girl gone learn what's going to happen if they disobey me" She crosses her arms over her chest.

I take a step back, feeling my heart beating faster. She looks around the room, her eyes piercing through us all. "You don't leave here until I say so," she demands, her voice low and threatening. I gasp "no that's not fair. I had reasons."

She scoffs "was you ignoring my calls all night, in fact two nights in a row fair?" I can feel my face redden as I lower my eyes. I don't know what to say and I can feel their eyes on me. I open my mouth to speak but can't find the words.

I take a deep breath and look up. I meet her gaze and finally find my voice. "I'm sorry. I should have called you. There was so much going on I didn't know what to do." She's silent for a moment, then nods slowly.

"Yea get to your room. I'll have a talk with you later." I nod and head to my room, my head spinning. I don't know what's going to happen next but I know I'm in trouble.

I slump down on my bed and wait for whatever comes next. I hear Robert and my mom arguing in the living room. I wait anxiously, not sure what to expect.

Suddenly, Mary bursts into my room and I can tell I'm in even more trouble than I thought. "I'm going to ask again. Where were you for the last couple of days? I know you weren't at Skylar's." I hesitated for a moment, not wanting to tell her the truth.

I sighed "I was with Polo. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Her brows furrowed "with Polo where? And why were you with him?" I looked away, not wanting to meet her gaze. "We were at his family's cabin in the woods. We were talking and I told him to apologize to Skylar."

It's not completely a lie.

She stared at me for a few moments before nodding her head and sighing. "You better not be lying to me. I don't like it when you lie." I shake my head. "I'm not."She studied my face for a long moment, then said, "I guess I believe you." She turned away, but not before I saw a hint of a smile on her lips.

"What?" I ask. "I love being a mom to a teen. I get to yell all the time." I roll my eyes laughing. She holds up a finger "but your still grounded" I smile "ok I understand" She hugs me and I take a deep breath, realizing how lucky I am to have her.

I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before she leaves my room. I can't help but smile, grateful for my mom and the amazing relationship we have. Also feeling grateful that I got some time to spend with Polo and get to know him.