𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐲

❥•°❀°•༢

I shake my head "Skylar is getting me there and back" Mary smiles knowingly. "Be careful, and call me when you're back" she says. I nod and give her a hug before heading out the door.

When I walk out of the door, I see Skylar leaning against the car and asking, "Are you ready for the holiday spirit?" I nod, " Skylar grins and opens the door for me. I climb in and we start the journey. As we drive, I can feel the holiday spirit in the air.

I fidget with my fingers as she drives to the school.  "Why do we always volunteer to do crazy stuff?" Skylar asks laughing and I shrug my shoulders. "I guess it's fun," I say.

"And plus, it's the season for giving!" she adds and I nod in agreement. It's now or never. "Speaking of giving,I kind of gave Polo my virginity." Skylar stops in the middle of the road. "Jesus" I say looking around the road. Glad there weren't any cars.

I turn to Skylar and take her hand. "It's OK. It's not the end of the world," I reassure her. "Did you at least use a condom?" I shook my head and she sighed. "That was stupid," she said. "I know."She shakes her head.

Did you take a pregnancy test? " I took a moment to think before responding, "I mean I wasn't really thinking about that" She gave me a stern look before telling me to have to get a test. I nodded and agreed to do it.

I hold my hands up in surrender "ok I will" she begins to drive again "matter of fact I will take you after we get done with this school thing" I sighed, not wanting to argue. "Ok mom" I joke and she rolls her eyes.

I smile knowing she is laughing in her mind. I just know it. Everyone needs a friend like Skylar. She tells you when you are wrong.

We drove the rest of the way in silence, both lost in our own thoughts. We arrived at the school. "alright let's go" Skylar says getting out of the car and I follow right behind her. We walk up to the entrance, our footsteps echoing in the empty hallway.

When we reached the gymnasium I asked, "You want to know a fun fact about me?" She hums in repsonse, "I never returned to school when nobody else was there." We proceeded to the gym and everyone was waiting for us.

"Jesus your life was so boring before you met me" she rolls her eyes and I laugh pushing her shoulder. "Cocky much?" we both laughed walking into the gym. "Aw there's the rest of the ladies" Mrs. Smith waves us over to the group.

Mrs. Smith talks about teamwork and how it will help us during the session. After she finishes, we begin picking the decorations to be put up. We start brainstorming ideas for the decorations and eventually settle on a theme of a night in Paris.

I already have my ball dress picked out for that night.

Each of us takes a role in the planning and creating process. We work together to make sure our plans come to life. It's a lot of work but worth it when we see the end result. We always have a great time at these types of events.

We finish our decorations and admired our work. "We really should get paid for doing this" she looks at me and we nod together.

Our eyes scan around the room, asking "should we continue on?" I shake my head "no, let Mrs. Smith handle the rest" Skylar laughs grabbing her purse from the bleachers. We make our way out of the gym and into the parking lot.

Skylar pauses walking to the car "before I drive, do you have anything else to tell me so I won't destroy my precious car?" I laugh before speaking "not anything major" I shrug my shoulders. "Girl having sex is major."

I laughed, "I guess so! But I am heading home for winter break for you know."Her eyes widen "oh you are so brave" she hugs me. I smiled, "I'm sure it'll be fine, I should have a lot of information when I get back." Skylar nodded.