𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞

❥•°❀°•༢

My eyes flutter open, stretching my arms. I jump at the pilot's voice announcing our safe landing. The cabin erupts in applause, as relief washes over everyone onboard. In a hurry, I grab my suitcase from the overhead compartment, eager to disembark.

Stepping out into the bustling airport terminal, my heart skips a beat as I see Summer waiting for me. "For me?" I ask walking up to her. "For you" she says smiling passing me a bouquet of flowers."Tothe most baddest bitch in earth."

"I'm glad you know," I wink at her. Welaughed and hugged each other. "Didn't you miss me?" she asks and I pretend to think. She playfully pushes my chest "of course you did" I smile and hold her close. "Yes, I did."

She wrapped her arm around my neck "aw I missed you too baby" We held each other for a few minutes before releasing each other. We both had smiles on our faces. We left the airport and drove to her house.

My mom is currently at home so you know you get lots of hugs and kisses now that you're home." I laughed knowing Mrs. Whitlock loves me as if I'm her daughter. Summer unlocks the door."Is that my Ari baby?" I hear her say.

I smile placing my suitcase to the side "yes it is ma'am" She hugs me tightly and kisses me on the cheek. "I'm so happy to see you! I missed you so much!" I hug her back, feeling like I am at home.

"I missed you too" I say taking off my jacket and placing it in the closet. "Steve boy get down here and grab Ari's suitcase!" Mrs. Whitlock yells. I hear a groan from upstairs. "He doesn't have to" I say.

Steve is Summer's older brother. He rarely comes home because he attends college far away, and you only get to see him when he is sober. Which is shocking that he is here and sober. Don't tell Summer but Steve was my first crush ever.

Summer shakes her head evilly, "oh yes he does." Steve makes his way downstairs "Hey Ari. I haven't seen you since last year." I nod He grabs the suitcase and carries it out to the extra bedroom on the first floor known as my second bedroom here.

"You decided you wanted to up and move out of nowhere. This bug hasbeen bothering me ever since" I laugh following him. "I heard that!" Summer shouts "of course I meant for you too" I laugh "y'all two just argue all day" we put my suitcase on the bed.

I hug him and whisper "thanks" in his ear. "No problem" he salutes me before leaving the room. I sit down beside the suitcase examining the room I feel a sense of nostalgia as I remember all the memories we made in this room.

I take a deep breath and smile. I close the door behind him and the room is empty and quiet. I take one last look around before I leave, taking with me the warmth of the memories we made.

'We're going to brunch in a few minutes" Summer says as I begin unpacking. I nod my head and continue to unpack. She leaves the room and I take a few more moments to reflect on the memories we shared. A sense of peace and contentment overwhelms me as I know I can cherish them forever.

I join Summer in the hallway and we head out the door. The sun is shining and the air is crisp. "You think people are going to be shocked that you are here?" I shrug my shoulders "they should have known I will be back. I can't go too long without my BFF."

We both laughed, "yea, who can survive a long time without me?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't get cocky now" we both get into the car. "I'm so glad you've learned how to drive. So I won't keep driving you around like a taxi driver." she says putting on her seatbelt.

I put on my seatbelt "yea yea. You still will drive me around because I like being a passenger princess" I smile.She rolls her eyes and gives a small laugh. "Yes, alright, princess." She starts the car and we drive away.