𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

❥•°❀°•༢

The sound of my alarm going off makes me want to yell my lungs out and throw my whole phone away. I dread waking up in the morning, and the sound of my alarm only serves to make it more difficult.

I groggily stumble out of bed, already exhausted before the day even begins. It's a struggle to get up, but I do it every day. I make my way to the bathroom and turn on the water.

I splash some cold water on my face and I feel a bit more awake. It's the year's first ball today , so I take extra care to look my finest.According to Skylar, this ball is not something you can just throw on and go.

You must look your best while you are there, otherwise the whole school will talk about you.

Before entering the shower, I remove all my clothes. I turn on the hot water and let the steam fill the bathroom. As I step into the shower, I start to relax and let the water wash away my worries.

Wrapping my towel around my body, I step out of the showerFeeling refreshed, I walk back into my bedroom and get ready for the day. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and put on my clothes. Taking one last look in the mirror, I feel ready to tackle the day.

I make my way to my room.I grab my bag and head out the door, ready to start my day.As I walk downstairs, I say "Good morning". Mary, Robert, and Harper are already at the table. "Good morning" they all say and I put my bag down and take a seat.

"Are you ready for the ball tonight?" Mary asked placing our plates down in front of us. "Yes I am" I said cutting into the waffle. Mary smiled and we all continued to eat our breakfast, chatting about the night's plans. After finishing, we all got up and said our goodbyes. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I started walking towards school, thinking about the night ahead. I was excited, but I also felt a bit nervous. I had never been to a ball before, and I wasn't sure what to expect. As I continued walking, I tried to clear my head and focus on the night ahead.

I walk into school looking at the prepared students. Everyone has their hair done up, and I feel a little underdressed.As soon as I get done up after school, everything will be fine.

Seeing Xavier and Skylar, I approach them "hey guys!" I say. They turn to me smiling."Hey" they both say. "You still comingover to my house after school?" I ask Skylar. Skylar grins and replies, "Yeah, I just need to tell my mom. I'll text you when I'm done." I nod and smile. "And who is the lucky lady you are taking to the ball?"

He grins "she is actually standing in front of you" I look around jokingly knowing who it is "who? I can't find her" I joke. He grabs Skylar's hand and spins her around "maybe this will help you."

I smiled "yes, I do" He laughs, "I thought that would do the trick". Skylar blushes and looks away, embarrassed. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and give her a gentle squeeze.

I couldn't help but smile at them. I have always shipped them since day one and this moment is finally happening. 

"Enough about us, though. Who are you taking Ari?" Xavier asked.I was taken aback by his question, not expecting it. I composed myself and said, "I don't have one yet, I'm still deciding." They both exchanged glances, then Xavier said, "Well, you better decide fast!"

I nod "well I have to get to my locker" I smile walking away from them. I wave goodbye and make my way to my locker. As I'm walking, I start to think about who I could take to the dance. I can't decide who to pick, but I know I have to make a choice soon.

Polo and I are fine, before someone attacks me. Since we are not a couple, I didn't want to invite him to the ball or do couple stuff if we are not even together.It would be sweet if he could be there with me, but I refuse.