𝑹𝑬𝑰𝑫'𝑺 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑪𝑳𝑼𝑩

❥•°❀°•༢

There's no way I can lie, I miss Ari like hell, and knowing she's getting threats in another state just doesn't sit right with me. When I'm 10 hours away, I can't protect her. After hearing she had been threatened, I bought a ticket to Austin.

"Are you going to stay on the phone with me?" I ask needing to know if she is safe even though I'm not there. "Yes," I hear her soft voice say. The smile on my face fades away as I run my hand through my hair "I'm really worried about you Ari" she nods "I will be fine. I'll be glued to Summer the whole time." she reassures me.

I take a deep breath and my voice softens. "Thank God," I say to myself. I pause, noticing her silence "ok I'm going to sleep" I smile "ok good night ma" I hear her shuffle on the other side of the call "Good night" she mumbles.

I lay back in the car seat, my mind filled with thoughts of Ari. Despite the distance between us, I find comfort in knowing that she's just a phone call away. "I love you, Ma," I say. It would seem from her end that there hasn't been any response as she is sleeping right now of course.

I pull into the driveway of the Ford's I take a deep breath and get out of the car, my face flushed and my heart racing. This whole week the weather has been terrible. I ring the doorbell and take a deep breath before the door opens. Mary gives me a warm hug and welcomes me inside. "Hey Polo, will you be here for dinner?" I shake my head.

"I just came to announce my departure. Is Adrian here?" She turns to me. "Leaving? Where are you traveling? He's upstairs. I'll call him down." She called Adrian down. "I'm going to Texas" her brows furrowed."Dude, you can't be serious" I heard Adrian say.

I turn around to him "Dude she is OK. You're acting crazy" Mary clears her throat "I'm not acting crazy she has been getting threats. I just can't stand here and do nothing while some maniac is after my girlfriend."

"Threats?" Mary shouts "It could be little kids, bro. You just want to be laid" I roll my eyes before I can speak Mary speaks up "Ari has been getting threats and you two knew and didn't tell me." she comes in between us.

We both looked at Mary stupidly, not knowing what to say. Mary sighed and looked at us sternly. "I expect you to keep me in the loop about my daughter," she said firmly. And she pointed at me "You won't be getting laid by my daughter anytime soon."

Too late...

I stand up "I can't be here for long my flight is in a couple of hours" I reach for my bag "I'm coming with you. I'll deal with you later" she glares at Adrian. "With all due respect if she wanted her whole family to come she would have told you."

Mary turns her head towards me "Excuse me? It's my daughter you're speaking about. Let me remind you that the only reason why you met her is me. Don't make me ban you from around here Polo and I mean it!"

I stepped back, not daring to say anything. Adrian laughed and gave me a stern look. Her eyes were cold and serious. "Now boy when is your flight?" I grab my phone to check my flight time, and my mouth drops as I read the news that my flight will be delayed for a couple of days

I felt my heart sink as the reality of the situation sank in. I won't be seeing my girlfriend for another couple of days in that crazy town. "Polo?" I see Mary's peer under my phone. "What does it say?" I could feel the disappointment in her eyes. I took a deep breath and replied, "It says the flight is delayed until a couple of days because of the snowstorm."

Mary's face fell. She slowly nodded her head, her expression a mixture of sadness and acceptance. "Well give me time to book my flight," she says. "But Mary, what if she is fine and you guys are just overreacting?" Adrian asks.