𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐈𝐭

❥•°❀°•༢

Was everything OK before I arrived? I'm sorry if I caused any trouble. I didn't want to be here, but I was forced. I didn't have much choice.

Tears ran down my face as I said this. I felt so helpless and alone. I wished I could have stayed at home instead of being here. Laughs come from the other side of the parking and I quickly look up wiping my tears.

Everyone begins to leave out of the place all happy. "Ari how come you didn't come back?" Harper ask skipping over to me. "It feels better out here" I smile. "Sometimes it's nice to be in nature," I add. "I agree," Harper says, linking her arm with mine.

We start walking back to the car "wait Harper" Pepper, Harper's friend, says as she comes close to us "you didn't show me your baby doll" Harper looks up at me and I nod. She lets go of my arm and walks over to her friend.

As I get into the passenger seat, I watch the other guests get into their cars. As I look up Polo, waiting for others to enter the car. Sometimes I just wonder why he likes me? Out of all the girls here in London why me? I'm not even 18 yet why couldn't he just date a older woman?

I guess he genuinely likes me, but I can't help but think that he's just using me. I'm not sure what to believe. All I know is that I have to be careful with my heart.

Harper runs to the car, getting inside. "Were you having fun?" I ask through the rear view mirror and she nods. "There's mommy and daddy" she points out the window. I reach for her tiny hand and squeeze it gently. "I'm tired! Tell them to hurry up," I say and she giggles.

Mary and Robert kiss before departing from each other "ew!" Harper says covering her eyes and I laugh. Getting into the car Mary starts it "sorry for the wait" she buckles up "mommy I didn't want to see that." Mary laughs and looks back at Harper "I'm sorry, sweetie. I just couldn't handle how sexy your daddy is."

She looks over at me and smiles "that draws the line" I say holding up my finger. She laughs "what does sexy mean?" Harper asks brows furrowed. "Something you shouldn't know. Put on your seatbelt." Mary tells Harper.

I buckle my own belt and turn around to face the front. "It means something that's attractive and exciting," I explain. She nods before turning to the window, a smile playing on her lips. "Then I think Haden is sexy." My mouth dropped open.

"Harper baby don't say that again, OK?" She giggled and nodded her head. I shook my head and smiled. "You're too young to be thinking about boys," I said, ruffling her hair.Mary shot daggers at me as she said, "You're too.".

"Technically not due to my 18th birthday," I hold up my hands in surrender. She rolls her eyes "whatever." She drives off. I chuckle to myself as I watch her drive away. I'm glad I was able to connect with her despite the years we spent without each other.

I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to build a relationship with her again. I'm determined to make the most out of this second chance and cherish every moment I have with her.

"Hey look, the boys aren't here yet" Mary says as she turns off the car's engine. I get out of the car and head to the back seat where Harper is asleep. Mary shakes her head as she says, "I swear that little girl sleeps like a 9 to 5.

I shake my head laughing "no seriously" I shake Harper awake.Harper groggily opens her eyes and looks around. She smiles when she sees me and reaches out her arms for a hug. I give her a big squeeze and tell her it's time to get inside.

She gets out of the car and grabs my hand. We begin walking to the door. "When we get inside don't worry about cleaning up. I'll just get the boys to do it" Mary says as she unlocks the door. I nod laughing , and she ushers me into the house.