𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

•°❀°•༢

He slowly stands up, fists clenched and eyes burning. "You can't get rid of me that quick." He takes a few steps back and throws his hands up in frustration. "I'm not giving up, no matter what you do." Polo holds his fist up.

The fact that Polo is ok and willing to fight makes me smile. Antonio, realizing that Polo is determined to fight back, tightens his grip on his fists and braces himself for the upcoming battle.

As the two adversaries lock eyes, the tension in the air becomes palpable. With every ounce of strength, Polo launches himself at Antonio, unleashing a barrage of punches and kicks, while Antonio counters with swift dodges and calculated strikes, both fighters displaying a fierce determination to emerge victorious.

The crowd watches in awe as the boys' skill and agility are put on full display, their movements fluid and precise, each strike landing with the force of their unwavering determination.

They move as one, their movements in tune with each other, and it is clear they are a force to be reckoned with. The crowd cheers as each boy takes their turn. They circled each other, eyes locked, each waiting for an opportunity to continue fighting.

In an instant, Polo feinted left and struck right, his fist connecting with a thud against Antonio's arm. He winced but quickly retaliated with a jab that grazed Polo's cheek. The scene begins to blur, each strike and block a testament to their pent-up frustration. There is no doubt in my mind that they still love each other. They grew up together, and regardless of their disagreements, they remain connected.

Polo throws a punch at Antonio, making contact with the side of his face, resulting in blood and spit mixing flying from his mouth, which causes Antonio to fall to the ground. The fight drains out of Antonio.

There is no sign of Antonio getting up. "1," the referee says after he has walked over to Polo and raised his arm in the air signaling that he has won the fight. Suddenly Polo's father rises from his chair and stands over me, his hand grasping mine and grabbing me by the arm. He pulls me away from the man and points a gun into my field of vision. "Nobody will be happy in the end."

I take a step back, shocked and terrified. The father's face is contorted with anger and fear. I slowly back away, my heart pounding in my chest. The second I close my eyes, I can hear a shot going off in my ear. I never thought my last day would come so soon.

Taking a deep breath and slowly opening my eyes, I do not feel any pain as I look down and see Polo's father lying on the ground right before me. I gasp at how much blood is in front of me.

Polo quickly snatches me and carries me out of the room. "No, I got it!" Antonio says. Polo and I scramble out of the room, desperately trying to escape the gruesome scene behind us. Antonio's words echo in my mind, but there's no time to argue - our priority is to get as far away as possible.

"Polo" Antonio yells, and Polo pulls me in front of him. "I know you're still here" he laughs, and we hear his footsteps depart. "I love you,"  Polo exclaims as his hands circle my waist. I wanted to say it but I couldn't bring myself to say it. I couldn't.

His eyes lowered. Polo listens out for Antonio "Come on" he grabs me running heading for the door. Gunshots ring out, and Polo's grip tightens. He puts his body in front of me, protecting me from the bullets. I look at him, and I see his love for me in his eyes. I whisper the words. "I love you."

He opens the door and we begin to run out of the house together as more and more gunshots begin to come. Polo opens the passenger side door to a random car "Get inside" he says and I get inside "shit" he groans as I examine him to see if he was shot.