𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

❥•°❀°•༢

"I still haven't found someone to do the project on," I say prepping the rides for the pep rally coming Monday. "Still? Do I have to remind you this is a week later?"I know it's a week later," I reply, "but I'm having trouble finding anyone qualified for it. I've asked around but no one seems to be interested."

She shakes her head "You'll find someone" I let out a breath "Hopefully" We go over to the Ferris wheel "Who are you doing?" I ask Skylar "I'm doing my mother. That lady has been through some real shit."

"She's a real inspiration," I say, and Skylar nods. We stand there in silence for a few moments, watching the Ferris wheel turning slowly. Then, I take a deep breath, and we turn to face the other rides."We have a lot of work to do" I say.

"Yea, you're right" We go our separate ways to finish decorating the rides. Skylar wanted to help decorate the rides and at first, I was heading straight home because I didn't have practice but I didn't want to say no.

So I'm here to help with this stuff. We worked quickly and efficiently, and soon we had all the rides decorated. I blow a breath walking up to Skylar "Done?" I nod looking around "If not then fuck it" she laughs.

She smiles and gives me a high-five "I'm proud of you. You did a great job." I feel a warmth in my chest, knowing I could help with this. We turn and walk away, satisfied with our work. As Skylar says, "I know who you can hire for your project.".

I turn to her and hum in response. "Polo," she says smiling at me. I look at her with my eyes. "Why would I do Polo?" she shrugs her shoulders. "He's the perfect fit. He is handsome, problematic, and has experienced a lot. Who else is better for the job?"

"Um literally anybody else. Polo and I are friends... We are good so what is there to work on?" She sighs. "Fine, but at least hear him out." I roll my eyes but agree. I guess it couldn't hurt to listen.

We all know why Skylar suggested Polo. She still thinks he likes me but I don't think that. Polo has other chances with girls. I'm pretty sure he is not stuck on one girl.

I'm sure Polo is looking for someone else now. I don't think I should get my hopes up. I should just focus on myself and move on.

"Do you need a ride home?" Skylar asks and I shake my head and say, "No, I'm fine. I'll take the bus. I do have to stop by the library" She nods "OK, be safe" I smile walking away. I wave goodbye to her before turning the corner.

I take a deep breath, feeling relieved I have somewhere to visit.

I don't need to come to the library. I just want to meet Marian there. The man said he had something special for me, and I wonder what it is going to be.

I hope it's something meaningful. I'm excited to find out. I'll just have to wait until I meet Marian in the library. I turn the corner and see him with flowers in his hands. My heart leaps with joy and anticipation as I hope they are for me and not his mother. It's sweet if those are his mothers but I want them to be for me.

"Hey," I say walking up and hugging Marian. He smiles and hands me the flowers. "They're for you," he says. I can hardly contain my excitement, and I hug him tightly as if to thank him for the gesture. "What are these for?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders "I just wanted to surprise you".

I examine the roses. "What am I going to tell my mother about how I got these?" He wraps his arm around my shoulder. He smiles and says, "Tell her you got them from a secret admirer." I laugh and thank him before we walk away, arm in arm.

We enter his car, and the sweet smell of roses engulfs the space. He drives off and we talk about how our days had been. We make plans for our next date night and I can't help but smile. Marian has to be the right choice.