𝑪𝑯𝑹𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑴𝑨𝑺 𝑬𝑽𝑬

❥•°❀°•༢

It's Christmas Eve! Christmas for me always means going over to the summer house. While my father isn't a big Christmas fan, he will make sure to buy me a lot of presents to cheer me up.

I didn't have a problem going over to Summer's house. The Whitlocks always accepted, and I love spending time with Summer. Summer's family always made me so welcome, and I loved spending time with them. We would play games, exchange gifts, and have a great time. It was my favorite part of the holiday.

"It's Christmas day bitch!" I hear Summer burst into my room. I groan "Why are you up so early?" I check the time. Suddenly, she turns on the lights, burning my eyes, and I throw a pillow at her.

She laughed. "We have some errands to run before the girls get here," she said before closing the door behind her. I roll over and pull the blanket over my head, trying to ignore the sunlight coming in through the window.

At Summer's house getting drunk and high off our asses has been a tradition for the cheer squad every Christmas Eve since freshmen year. I didn't want to miss out, but I knew I couldn't. This year, I cannot miss it, it's a tradition!

"You better be woken up before I come back" I hear her shout from the other side of the door. I ignore her and go right back to sleep She leaves and a few minutes later I hear the doorbell ring. I groan and reluctantly get out of bed.

It's no secret that I spent the entirety of my night typing away on my extra credit assignment. So she knows damn well not to wake me up at 7 o clock in the morning. I groaned as I rolled over in bed and faced the clock. I had a few minutes to spare before I had to get up and get ready for the day. I was exhausted, but I knew I couldn't miss this party. Never!

I slipped into a cozy oversized sweater and a pair of soft leggings, completing the look with fluffy socks and a beanie to keep me warm. Going to the bathroom, I quickly brushed my teeth and splashed cold water on my face to wake myself up.

I made my way downstairs and I grabbed a cup of coffee to give me that extra boost of energy I needed to make it through the day. "I'm surprised I didn't have to splash some water on you," Summer says walking up to me and smirking.

I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee, feeling energized and ready for the day. "Maybe next time," I said, giving Summer a playful nudge. We laughed and left out of the house. "Why are you even doing extra credit during winter break anyway?"

I shrugged my shoulders  "I'm just trying to improve my grade," she nodded her head "Ms. everything has to be perfection needs her grade to improve?"I paused for a beat, taking in the cold air. "Yeah, I guess. I just want to do better in school." Summer nodded in agreement, "Well, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll be fine."

Summer starts up the car "We shouldn't be here long" She pulls out of her driveway way goes onto the road. My eyes slowly start to droop, my head falls against the seat, and I start to doze off.

I jolt awake as the car stops, and Summer says, "Hey, we're here!" I sit up and look at the grocery store in front of me. I take a deep breath and follow Summer inside. "To make you feel better you can get into the cart this time."

I smiled "And that's why I love you" I got inside the cart and she pushed me into the store. We start to wander around the store, looking for the items we need. "this is our senior year" Summer says pushing the cart into the chip aisle.

"Can't believe that? We were just freshmen." We both laughed and started grabbing chips. We continued our shopping spree, talking about our plans for the future. Summer proceeds to check out "Ari?" I look up at the old white woman known as Mrs. Kingston.