✔Chapter 39 // Move

Jungkook woke up with a deep breath and forced himself to blink and look around to situate himself. He was having the wildest dream, where he was performing on stage in a gigantic arena to thousands of people. It all went great, and then when he got backstage, instead of seeing his members or staff, he just found Leah. She saw him and jumped him and his dream turned wild and sweaty. And though he knew they could get caught or be seen, he didn't give a damn. He wanted her.

It was morning and the light showed him the quiet room, then his eyes fell on Leah who was sleeping on her side while hugging herself. He propped himself on his elbow and glanced at Namjoon's empty bed before looking down again. She had a peaceful expression with her lips slightly open and a few strings of hair over her face. He collected them gently and pulled them softly behind her pierced ear which wasn't red anymore. Her t-shirt was raised above her belly and the sheet was by her waist, thus showing her tatau in plain sight. It was so delicate, it was a pleasing image. He fought the urge to trace the lines with his fingertips, he didn't want to wake her.

He observed her ensemble. She was just like in his dream, or should he say his dream was perfectly accurate. And remembering the night before, he now knew she was just as wild as he had dreamt too. A corner of his mouth raised. He had wished for so long to find someone like her, and now there she was, in his bed.

The door of the bathroom opened and Namjoon stepped out with a faint smile. He mouthed a silent 'Good morning', which Jungkook reciprocated. He then got a towel from the closet with his left arm, since his right was still immobilized, and walked back inside, closing the door.

Jungkook looked down, Leah was waking up because of the noise. He sighed; it was a shame they had to meet in such circumstances. In another world, if they had met back home, they would be in his apartment by themselves.

She blinked and looked at him over her, wondering why he was like this, and he laid down next to her, hugging her as the big spoon. She supported his arms and tightened his embrace around her.

"Namjoon is in the bathroom," he informed.

She nodded and closed her eyes again, feeling his warmth. She was dreaming she was alone and lost in the jungle, something terrible had happened and she was yelling his name, searching for him, terrified of being alone. She was sure something terrible was going to happen to her, so sure.

She sighed after a silent moment. "I need to move or I'll fall asleep."

He didn't want to move, he was ready to fall asleep again, but he let her go. He observed her getting up; something about that whole moment just felt right to him.

Leah grunted with discomfort and looked down, her tatau was oozing ink. "Shit, did I mess up the sheets?"

"Don't worry about it," he told her. Normally he would have cared, but they weren't staying in that hut for long. There were worse things than ink on the sheets, who cared? He got up as he spoke, "Let me help you with that."

He picked up the gauze on the kitchen counter and helped her clean and smear ointment on her tatau. When Namjoon was out of the bathroom, he saw her doing the same to Jungkook and then also spreading cream on his right arm.

"Weren't you supposed to shower?" Jungkook asked suddenly after remembering what they had discussed just minutes before falling asleep.

She shrugged with a faint smile, "My whole body feels sore, I'll do it once we're back."

"Back? Where are we going?"

"To see Daniel, right?" Namjoon said, coming closer to them. "Ella suggested it yesterday. And I'm sure she'll want to see you too."